Ok here it is this is my first time build

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor

MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM

XFX PVT45GUDF3 Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3160827AS 160GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

TOSHIBA Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE Combo Drive

RAIDMAX X1 ATX-909WBP Black/ Silver 0.7mm Japanese SECC Body / Aluminum Faceplate ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450watts PS2 ATX12V SATA Ready Power Supply

The only thing im not sure about is the processor should I get a chip with 1 MB L2 Cache.

Im getting a Antec PSU is that any good?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How many watts is it? And like one of the above comments, I would definitly go with a DVD Burner combo - they are only about 40 bucks now on Newegg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Update - just saw that you meant 450 w, there is an article on tigerdirect.com about figuring out what wattage is needed, let me see if i can dig it up

Component Wattage Required

Motherboard 15-30

Low-end CPU 20-50

Midrange to high-end CPU 40-100

RAM RAM 7 per 128MB

PCI add-in card 5

Low to midrange graphics board 20-60

High-End graphics board 60-100

IDE hard drive 10-30

Optical drives 10-25

This might be a little old but it is decent enough for reference

If in doubt, I would just go with the 500W

Why do I need a DVD Burner im not going to be making any DVD's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you ever need to burn a disc for a system backup, it's a lot easier doing so at 4.7gig a disc than 700 meg with a CD, besides, what is the price difference between DVD Rom and Burner?

Its a 450W PSU.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Antec is one of the best you should have no troubles..

And by the way its not always the size a many may think its the quality of the power supply. such the performance of the rails and i assure you with what you listed a 450W from antec would power it with no trouble and have plenty of room for future upgrades

Antec PS's are very good but if you ever have a problem they do make you jump through a lot of hoops to get an RMA. They were polite and all but the process was rather tedious for sure.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow you had to return one? Been buying them for years and years well them and Thermaltake and never had a power supply go bad or come bad from the manufacture..

LOL they are probably slow due to the fact they hardly ever have it happen..

Good information to know that it may take awhile for a RMA.

Really, they probably had to get a supervisor to tell them what an RMA was. What happened is I had one that popped a capacitor and blew the oil crap all over the palce. Believe it or not the PS still worked fine. After the "paperwork" I had the new PS via FedX two days later. Not bad service in my opinion.....

Why do I need a DVD Burner im not going to be making any DVD's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you ever need to burn a disc for a system backup, it's a lot easier doing so at 4.7gig a disc than 700 meg with a CD, besides, what is the price difference between DVD Rom and Burner?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You also have to consider the price of the media.