Hello,

Didn't think my first post here would be for help. I was attempting to ghost 2 drives and when I saw that it hadn't worked the way I thought, I shutdown and put the original drives back into the pc. The problem is that the storage drive used to be G: and it was changed to D: So my C: drive shortcuts are not directed toward the right drive. The G: drive is now my CD-ROM. I havn't had any luck trying to rename the drive. Windows now can't find anything on the drive because it is looking at the wrong location. I tried fixing the shortcut but that didn't work. I've never run into this before, any suggestions will be appreciated. Iam hoping not to have to reload all the programs. Plus there was a lot of music on there. Thanks in advance from a former TTV fan. I am also running XP PRO SP2.

Hello,

Didn't think my first post here would be for help. I was attempting to ghost 2 drives and when I saw that it hadn't worked the way I thought, I shutdown and put the original drives back into the pc. The problem is that the storage drive used to be G: and it was changed to D: So my C: drive shortcuts are not directed toward the right drive. The G: drive is now my CD-ROM. I havn't had any luck trying to rename the drive. Windows now can't find anything on the drive because it is looking at the wrong location. I tried fixing the shortcut but that didn't work. I've never run into this before, any suggestions will be appreciated. Iam hoping not to have to reload all the programs. Plus there was a lot of music on there. Thanks in advance from a former TTV fan. I am also running XP PRO SP2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rclick mycomp/manage - then see the logical disk manager tool.

rclik all u'r drives and reset them to UNUSED letters - temporary if u've got some letter conflict - then order them as u wish.

should have added for clarity:

in the diskmanger tool, u'll see the partitions in color coded sequence. u can rclik over each and choose 'change drive letter'. u can change anything cept for the system drive.

Hello,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rclik all u'r drives and reset them to UNUSED letters - temporary if u've got some letter conflict - then order them as u wish.

in the diskmanger tool, u'll see the partitions in color coded sequence. u can rclik over each and choose 'change drive letter'. u can change anything cept for the system drive.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey skeet6961

good to see you here

you will be an asset

for ever helping people

even at g4 with all that confusion

your info was spot on good one

glad your here .

marty

Hello,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks a bunch skeet, that did the trick. I totally forgot about the utility. Saved my butt. :thumbsup:

Hello,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey skeet6961

good to see you here

you will be an asset

for ever helping people

even at g4 with all that confusion

your info was spot on good one

glad your here .

marty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanx marty. glad to see u 2. i saw pete headed here along w/ many others so i follow along. have to be able to read ill_wiccan's posts to keep the smile in order ;)