Mozilla Gets Suited Up

It's fixed (thanks, Pierce)

Well, I'm sure glad I read that article as I learned something!! Because I always seem to hear Linux and Firefox in the same sentence, I always assumed Firefox was Linux's browzer instead of begatten from Netscape :blush: (be easy on me, you know how nooby I am!!! On second thought, go ahead and throw things at me!) Anyways, because Linux sounds more difficult for dummies like me, I was always afraid to try Firefox, even though it's supposed to be better than IE. Heck, I've used Netscape before!!! It's easy! Now I have the confidence to ...someday...try Firefox!

I just hope Incorporating doesn't screw things up for Firefox, as "corporate" has become an expensive, dirty word--but necessary nowadays for any successful company. And IF they ever decide to offer stock (article says it won't) I'm buying some!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Pierce!

Liz

It's fixed (thanks, Pierce)

Well, I'm sure glad I read that article as I learned something!!  Because I always seem to hear Linux and Firefox in the same sentence, I always assumed Firefox was Linux's browzer instead of begatten from Netscape :blush: (be easy on me, you know how nooby I am!!!  On second thought, go ahead and throw things at me!)  Anyways, because Linux sounds more difficult for dummies like me, I was always afraid to try Firefox, even though it's supposed to be better than IE.  Heck, I've used Netscape before!!!  It's easy!  Now I have the confidence to ...someday...try Firefox!

I just hope Incorporating doesn't screw things up for Firefox, as "corporate" has become an expensive, dirty word--but necessary nowadays for any successful company.  And IF they ever decide to offer stock (article says it won't) I'm buying some!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Pierce!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Liz,

Mozilla's Fire Fox is really easy to use it's not nerdy at all, Liz! It is very easy to install; I installed it for my Dad this summer and he loves it. I also run Fire Fox on my Windows XP box, it is stable and picks up less spyware than when I run IE 6.

You can get Fire Fox 1.0.6 here. Just download it to your computer, double click the icon and the installer will do the rest. The installer will import all of your bookmarks from IE. It's great! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Hitest!!

If your Dad understands it, I will :thumbsup: With all the "junk" that IE attracts, Firefox looks really, really good!!! Does it work on a very neurotic Windows98??? Getting our Possessed Gateway online soon (just reformatted it) After removing 296 Spyware cooties, I think that machine will definitely run Firefox pretty much exclusively, if it works on 98...!!

PS: Anyone have a "screen shot" of what Firefox looks like?? I GoogleImaged with no decent results--mainly logos and foreign language shots. Artsies need pictures :):) Thanks!!

Liz

Thanks, Hitest!!

If your Dad understands it, I will  :thumbsup:  With all the "junk" that IE attracts, Firefox looks really, really good!!!  Does it work on a very neurotic Windows98???  Getting our Possessed Gateway online soon (just reformatted it) After removing 296 Spyware cooties, I think that machine will definitely run Firefox pretty much exclusively, if it works on 98...!!

PS: Anyone have a "screen shot" of what Firefox looks like??  I GoogleImaged with no decent results--mainly logos and foreign language shots.  Artsies need pictures  :)  :) Thanks!!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Liz,

You are very welcome!

Yes, Fire Fox runs on Windows 98 :D You will pick up far fewer examples of spyware with Fire Fox.

My Dad doesn't like change at all, but, he found the transition to Fire Fox painless. I've attached a screenshot of the browser layout, pretty clean, easy to use.

post-92-1123133521_thumb.jpg

FireFox is good, very good. I still run the vanilla Mozilla suite. I like the added extras like email, IRC chat client, even a composer. One click and everything is right there for me. IE? I always forget where I put it when I need to get an update. Think I should have a "garbage" folder in my start menu.

The question is, now that its "corporate" the next step is to have a pro product. Would you pay for it? And if you had to, would you first consider Opera or go back to IE?

Pierce

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good question. For me if it turns pro and that product is better than the free version then I would perhaps pay for it on my Windows box. I'm hoping that the free version will maintain all of the security features of the pro version (if one is released). I'm betting that a pro version would have more business features built in. I don't think that Mozilla would do anything to alienate the millions of loyal users.

No, I would never go back to IE. I haven't used Opera in a while so I can't comment on that browser.

Hey, you never know how cheap you are till your faced with a bill :P

Pierce

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very true!!

I'm hoping that Mozilla will maintain a free Fire Fox browser along with a pay for view version. I'm happy that Mozilla is becoming successful!

Fire Fox is my browser of choice. :thumbsup: