how many of you are familiar with merjin.

well take note of this warning.some one posing as merjin.

im nor familiar with the program .

i think members who were tutored on how to read a hijack log file went to this site.

not sure about this.people who know all about the program will be familiar

with the warning.

hope this helps some one

marty

Quote:

merijn

April22, 2005:

Just a short note on the domain HIJACK-THIS.NET: this is not mine! It has been registered by XoftSpy (who are also on the Rogue Antispyware List on SpywareWarrior.com) and they are luring people into downloading their software believing it is HijackThis. Also, they have registered a few AdWords at Google leading to the same result. I have contacted them about this and received no reply (how surprising). Google can't do much about it since there is no copyright being breached. We'll see where this goes.

In the meantime, if you want to download any of my programs, the official domain is and always will be www.merijn.org.

--

Official Member of the ASAP

Wilder's Security Forum Admin

Thanks for thinking of everybody and posting the warning marty.

Robroy also kindly posted a HIJACK-THIS .NET. WARNING about the grasping lil WANNABE who jocked off www.merjin.org .

If you google " WARNING about HIJACK-THIS .NET." It looks like the the guys are getting the word out.

Hope i'm not sounding redundant... :D

• 2 weeks later...