How I came to buy a Droid

How I came to to buy a Droid.

After two months of intensive cell phone research I just today ordered a Motorola Droid...... By default.

I was leaning towards the HTC Droid Eris because of it's lighter profile and lower price. So when I saw it for FREE (with new 2 year agreement) yesterday (only) on Dell's website it was a given that Eris would be my choice. Problem was I saw the ad late in the day. By the time I was set to order it online my damn computer crashed. So I restart Windoze XP, get back to Dell site, fill in all the info, (also have to pick second phone for my S.O. who wants a "simple phone"), press the submit button, and Voila! Dell says my cart is empty. mad.gif

So I start all over again and this time the second phone is missing from the availability list. I restart computer, dump cache etc. Same problem. The second phone is still missing. Now I call Dell figuring I'll just order over the phone. Nope. The "simple phone" is no longer available. Apparently someone bought the last one right before I submitted my order. Now I'm getting upset and time is ticking. So I hang up.

I start doing some fast research on the possible alternative phones and finally find the Samsung Convoy. A bit of background info should be noted here: My S.O. has some vision and hearing problems so the phone needs to be easy to use, loud, and hard to break. The Convoy seems to fit the bill and being "military" rated she can probably drop it without worrying.

OK. Back to my attempt at finalizing the order. I get back to Dell's website, fill out the order with the Eris and Convoy selected and submit it.

..........And now the Eris is no longer free! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sale is over. It is $49.99 which is still a good price, but hey....I wanted FREE.

It's at this point that I realize that the Moto Droid is still on sale for $119 which is the best price I've seen. So I figure....."why not.....I'll be an early Christmas present".

And that's how I became a Droid owner. Both phones should be here in a few days. I can't wait.smile.gif

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe