Security Find Windows An Amd

It's supported by current Intel processors as well, as eXecute Disable (XD). It can also be kluged into older IA-32 processors; OpenBSD's W^X does it by fiddling with the segmentation support left over from caveman days.

Thanks for the reply jcl...OK so theoretically my gig WIN XP HOME NTSF w/Sp2

1.30 gigahertz AMD Duron

128 kilobyte primary memory cache

64 kilobyte secondary memory cache.

i'd have to go back to FAT32?(Stop giggling!)

Sounds more ambitious then i want to go...

OK.. This post really amplified my limited knowledge of OS and hardware exceptions ...EX FAT32 or NTSF...It seems that my processor should be adequate right? My file system NTSF would not comply am i saying that right?

File system doesn't matter, it's entirely a memory management issue. Your processor doesn't support NX, so that's right out. It's possible that XP could support something like W^X (which would work on any x86 processor ever made) but if it does I haven't heard about it. But I haven't look either.

You aren't really missing much in my opinion.

Hey jcl...After looking it over ( still scratching my head about half of it ) ...i realized it was to complex for me...i was confusing 32 bit and fat 32. The memory cache issue vs my processor and paging...i see what you're saying now...So since hardware is out...i'd have to find software to run DEP.Shew...If i confuse 32 bit and fat32... i guess it's obvious... Ummm..The dog ate that page <_<. Thanks for your time and take on this jcl.