Viewsonic Releases Three New 120hz 3d Projectorsfinally

Viewsonic Releases Three New 120Hz 3D ProjectorsFinally, a bit more affordable

June 16, 2009

I know there are a lot of people out there that would just love to get their hands on a 3D projector but the price is usually too steep in order to make it the least bit affordable. Well, 3D loving boys and girls, guess what I have for you today! Yep, you guessed it! Three new 3D-enabled 120Hz DLP projectors from Viewsonic. Best thing? They are also quite affordable (meaning that if you really, really want one, you can get it if you save two or three months’ wages).

Let me start with the PJD6381, a 3D ultra short-throw DLP projector. “Ultra” is the best word to describe it since it has a ratio of .68, reducing shadowing effects, as well as making it compatible with a range of interactive whiteboard options. The device has an 1024 x 768 XGA resolution, 2.500 ANSI lumens and a 2.500:1 contrast ratio.

With its 120Hz refresh rate, it allows for media to be viewed in 3D and is compatible with DLP Link technology from Texas Instruments and also with NVIDIA 3D-Vision. Whether for games or education, it will do its job splendidly. Set to be made available in August 2009 and with an MSRP of 1,249 USD, it is also pretty cheap considering what it does.

Next come the PJD6211 and PJD6221 projectors, featuring 1024 x 768 XGA resolution, 2.800:1 contrast ratio and up to 2.700 lumens. These devices are also compatible with Texas Instruments and NVIDIA technologies and are gamer and family-oriented. Available in July with a MSRP set at 849 USD, and 999 USD, respectively.

More details at softpedia - http://gadgets.softpedia.com/news/Viewsoni...rs-3290-01.html