In Honor Of St Patrick's Day, A Little Music Please:

This group's playin' nearby next month and I hope to see 'em:

Celtic Thunder , Steal Away (an original composition for this group):

The Mountains of Mourne (Irish, traditional):

And for you sentimentalists, Danny Boy (live on the Today Show):

Celtic Thunder has their own YouTube Page but they've disabled interactive content. Don't they know? This is the Internetz Baby! Also: Their Official Website.

Edited by JDoors
  • 1 month later...

A bit late for St. Pat's day, but I saw Celtic Thunder live last night.

First, none of my party knew they had, err, such an "enthusiastic" following. It was like being at a Beatle's concert! Girls screaming and sobbing and jumping up at the first note of each performance. Weird. Well, not weird, but certainly unexpected by us.

My Niece commented part way through about how sad many of the songs were. Maybe this concert will prod her to investigate her heritage, which should help her to better understand why that might be.

The sound! Whoa. Their harmonies were mind-bendingly beautiful, their voices roof-rattlingly powerful, the music was awesome. I'm not a "Thunderhead," as many in the audience obviously were, so while several songs sent chills down my spine and gave me goosebumps a couple were, umm, silly? I can imagine a time and place for them (in a pub with a pint in hand), but they seemed an odd choice for a concert.

Surprising mix of traditional and contemporary tunes. I knew that's what they do, but had no idea what the playlist was going to be so some of the songs were very pleasant surprises (man ... the guy we called "The Opera Guy" can BELT. IT. OUT.).

There's not a LOT of silly "showmanship," no climbing speaker towers, no pyrotechnics, no acrobatics, but by the end of the two-and-a-half hour concert they had really lightened up and had the audience on their feet, stomping, clapping, laughing and cheering. Including me. :blush: