At&t High Speed Internet

I just had a visit from a representative of AT&T informing me about their new Internet and TV service is starting in my city the end of this Dec. They said their service is faster and cheaper than Comcast. Also I could pick and pay for only the TV channels that I wanted. I am interested in saving any money that I can as I am on a fixed income, if I can maintain my current level of service.

Do any of you have any information about AT&T's new cable service?

Thanks.

Is this part of ATT's new fiber optic network? If so, I'd jump on the chance. ATT is really going after the cable companies, so I bet you'll be able to save some cash.

Thanks for replying Bubba Bob.

Yes, it is their new fiber optic network. They will be signing up customers the 22nd of Dec. It sounds good with the phone, cable and internet from one source and the rebates for signing up. Will have to check the "Welcome Package" out when it arrives in the next few days. :) :)

Forgot to say they will be sending me a modem to hookup and check their internet speed against comcast at the same time. Also the modem is mine free of charge as they will not be renting any equipment once it is in the house. Lot to check out.

Edited by tman70
Is this part of ATT's new fiber optic network? If so, I'd jump on the chance. ATT is really going after the cable companies, so I bet you'll be able to save some cash.

Thanks for replying Bubba Bob.

Yes, it is their new fiber optic network. They will be signing up customers the 22nd of Dec. It sounds good with the phone, cable and internet from one source and the rebates for signing up. Will have to check the "Welcome Package" out when it arrives in the next few days. :) :)

Any idea what the prices will be yet?

EDIT -

Forgot to say they will be sending me a modem to hookup and check their internet speed against comcast at the same time. Also the modem is mine free of charge as they will not be renting any equipment once it is in the house. Lot to check out.

Sounds like a good deal.

Any idea yet how they will hook up the TV(s)? Any charges for that?

Edited by Bubba Bob

Bubba Bob there was so much to digest standing on the porch in the cold that is is hard to remember everything. But depending on how and what I choose it could save me $20 or $30 dollars a month. Like I said in my edit above will have to wait and see the package.