Bluetooth Option Greyed Out

Hi There,

Was hoping someone can help me please?

I have a new laptop (Fujitsu Esprimo Mobile)

Trying to get it working on my wireless broadband set up.

It has a built in wireless modem, I have checked this in device manager & it says it working fine.

However, when I try to turn on bluetooth to try & connect the bluetooth option is greyed out??

I am an administrator of the laptop. I have turned off my firewall to see if that made a difference, ...it didn't.

I can't understand it.

Has anyone any ideas please?

Many thanks,

Does your laptop have a switch to enable wireless? A lot of the new ones do. Do you have a connection icon in the lower right of the screen that identifies available networks and allows you to connect to one? What does the manual say about enabling wireless?

Hi,

I am trying to connect to wireless internet, but I can't because I can't turn on bluetooth.

I can't view any wireless networks because wireless is not swithed on & so it can't pick any of them up.

I try to turn on bluetooth by hitting FN & F5 or something like that, & it brings up box with "turn on bluetooth" but......the little box where you tick to enable is greyed out.

??

Thanks....