Window Xp Sp3 Ate My Nvidia Video Card

I need help, I have an old Amd xp1800+ with nvidia fx5600 video card. The window update bubble had been annoying me to install updates. I regretfully hit the update while not realising the full consequence of installing sp3. After installing sp3 my machine now does not recognise the nvidia fx5600. instead it is listed as VgaSave , device type- non plug and play drivers. I cannot install any nvidia drivers as it is not recognised as a nvidia device. Also my lg flatscreen monitor is now listed as a default monitor to which i cannot install any drivers. I cannot play any games at the moment , even old games like c&c general because according to window my video card is not up to scratch. I tried the system restore but to no avail, has any one else run into the same problem and is there a simple solution to this problem. Can any one help?

Last ditch effort----you can 'un-install' SP3 in the "control panel--uninstall programs" and make sure the box is checked to show updates.

I had to do this a bunch of times with SP2, but since I upgraded my MoBo and chip, SP3 went in fine.

Edited by jimras