Browser Web Page And Fonts To Small

Today my daughter-in-laws Firefox 3.01crashed for some reason. I could not get it to start and got error box saying it had crashed and to send report to Firefox and to restart firefox. Which I did and got the same message. I then tried to use ERUNT to restore, but that failed. I thought that maybe the profile had become corrupted, so I used Mozbackup to restore the backup profile but it said it was corrupted. I then made a new profile and imported saved bookmarks and passwwords. I have installed all extensions and themes that she had before.

My problem is now I can not get the webpage and fonts bigger. I have had web pages and fonts set on this Dell Inspiron 530s XP Home SP3 so that they fit the screen by going to Tools-Options-Content-Default font-Advance and setting both to 14. However no setting seems to work now. Do I need to do something in the profile or something else? Right now I need to use a magnifying glasss with my bifocals to read this.

Web pages and fonts in IE7 are fine although she does not use it.

Edited by tman70

Thanks Belthesar,

I was able to make everything bigger by going to Navigation Toolbar-View and using the zoom function. but I have to adjust it for every web page it seems. At least now I can read them. I had another problem trying to shut down. I went to start-turn off computer but no options came up. Just the hour glass and it froze. Doing a hard shut down a screen popped up and said the program was not running. I did a "scannow sfc" and it seems to have corrected that problem as I now have the shut down option menu.

Computer was fine all week and I even installed MS updates Thursday evening. Do not know who did what yesterday, as everyone just got back from vacation, and they all got on the computer. I still can not get fonts to change using Tools-Options-Content-Default font-Advance. I tried setting them as high as they can go and nothing changes.