Hey guys I work for an upstart Wireless ISP. We have some router that "lock up". We use different brands and all brands seem to have the same problem.

We go from the machine via a nic, to the router, out to a bridge (powered via power over ethernet), to repeater towers....

We can see all the equipment except the router and computer. Has anyone had router lock up problems? What fix worked.

Our routers have latest firmware updates, even those not updated lock up?!

Any suggestions?

M

~posted here b/c the hardware is the problem.~

Edited by mikex

I don't know if this will help in your problemor not, but it might be worth checking into.

It seems that this person had the same problem you do. here is the link

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11505788 what he was doing is probably different from your situation, but teh answer may lie in what he had to do,

It seems that his down speed was too high for the router system to handle.

which makes sense to me. I fit is too high it will cause the lockups, becasue the modems are always trying to retrain for a higher rating then they can handle.

• 2 months later...

could you tell me when it locks up what processes are running on the machine that locks? a list of services, and Virtual Machine sessions on that PC? and does it lock up randomly or when you are performing a specific task.. i.e emailing, printing, file saving, antivirus updates or scans?

mikeyb