Hi Guys,

which microphone should I get for a boom pole? I am shooting a movie this winter, and I want to have the proper mic.

I need a mic that is not to expensive and would get the job done. I´ll be mostly shooting outdoor, therefore I need a mic that is adequate and pick ups good audio.

Thank you,

Saul.

Edited by rafter
What are you capturing the sound on and are you going through a mixer? Or do you plan on going mic to camera?

Thank you for your reply...

I am going to use a DV cam canon Xl2 so I have to captured going to the cam.

But, I may also use a crappy 16mm arriflex, so i may also captured going through a mixer.

Can you provided me with both options please.

Saul.

Shure makes a transformer (A96F) to connect XLR mics to 1/8" plug that work with most DV cams. This will let you connect pretty much any pro mic directly to the camera. I don't have any practical experience with micing for a movie. I do have several mic from playing in bands and home recording.

Condenser mics work good for capturing everything in the room so may want to start there. Seeing a condenser mic need power best to get one with onboard power (batteries).

May be best to do some research at the big manufactures sites like Shure, AKG, Audio Technica and Beyer to get a idea of what will work in your situation. Then look for either deals on ebay or less expensive mic that meet you needs.

Shure makes a transformer (A96F) to connect XLR mics to 1/8" plug that work with most DV cams. This will let you connect pretty much any pro mic directly to the camera. I don't have any practical experience with micing for a movie. I do have several mic from playing in bands and home recording.

Condenser mics work good for capturing everything in the room so may want to start there. Seeing a condenser mic need power best to get one with onboard power (batteries).

May be best to do some research at the big manufactures sites like Shure, AKG, Audio Technica and Beyer to get a idea of what will work in your situation. Then look for either deals on ebay or less expensive mic that meet you needs.

Thank you so much for your help... I am going to check those mics... I´ll let you know which one I got.