Sound Problems With Vista Home Premium

Hello everyone! I just upgraded to vista and trying to figure out why music skips when UAC pops up or waking up the monitor. I downloaded the vista sound drivers from creative.com. It seems creative doesn't make many vista certified sound cards yet. Does anyone have this similar problems or had this problem?

Thanks for the help in advance. :thumbsup:

Sceeter32

For the monitor, I'm not sure. But you can tweak or turn off UAC and won't be bothered as much by it. (might help with the monitor too).

To tweak it lookie here

This will cut down on allot of popups asking for permission but will still give you security.

To turn it off.

Click on the picture on the main start window.

Click on "Turn User Account Control on or off".

Put a check in "Use User Account Control".

Click OK and then reboot.

Now you wont get bothered at all by anything from UAC.

For the monitor, I'm not sure. But you can tweak or turn off UAC and won't be bothered as much by it. (might help with the monitor too).

To tweak it lookie here

This will cut down on allot of popups asking for permission but will still give you security.

To turn it off.

Click on the picture on the main start window.

Click on "Turn User Account Control on or off".

Put a check in "Use User Account Control".

Click OK and then reboot.

Now you wont get bothered at all by anything from UAC.

Hello JSKY thanks for the help. I turned off the UAC. I don't know why the sound kicks out then back in when I wake my monitor up. I guess I'll go and pick up a new sound card that is vista certified. I was thinking on getting the Creative Labs Sound Blaster XFI Xtreme Fatal1ty Pro as I read its for vista. For now I'll search for more answers here or Google. I'm sure someone here know.

Thanks Again

Edited by sceeter32