How To Configure Dual Monitors In Windows Vista

Please help connecting two LCD monitors (emachines - E17T6W) to a desktop Gateway GT 5628 with Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT graphics card. The video card has 3 ports: VGA , DVI-I and S Video. The monitor connected to the DVI-I port works but the other one connected to VGA port is not working or recognized by the desktop. I have Vista Premium on it. In Display Settings I have only one monitor box: Generic PnP Monitor on standard VGA Graphics Adapter , and no options for Nvidia video card. Called Gateway and they said that the subject is not in their policy and they will not support it. I don't find a phone number for Nvidia. Searched online and found your forum. Thank you for your time and help.

It sounds like the video drivers are not installed.

Thank you for your answer. It was a perfect timing: I downloaded the driver from NVIDIA website for the video card 8500 GT and you came with your response and confirmed my action. After I installed the last updated driver and made the settings in NVIDIA Control Panel - for Dualview (independent display) and in Display Settings, everything was as wanted. Thank you.