Ie Custom Tools/ie Saftey Features[RESOLVED]

Opps :blush: Must of done something wrong, here is what acctualy happens:

Verification 99% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

It then gives me the location of the Log file it created which I would copy and paste for you to see, but apparently "Access is denied" so ummm...your turn :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Hmmm its 10 mb, but i dont think the comp will let me move or alter the file anyway, probably a windows vista function i dont know how to use? maybe you know how to fix it and give me permission? I should be the total administrator on the computer as it is the only account created.

:wacko:

ahhh, okay i looked up some other help on the net and got a bit off advice for opening that file, so after i restarted in safe mode i was able to view the file and copy the contents into another file i created for view later. Its an extremly long file so maybe there is just a portion that you want to see? or some way i can get it to you? not sure what the best action is? :thumbsup:

Have a look in there for anything about failures or mentioning Interenet Explorer, iexplore or the clsid numbers you mentioned above.

Copy and paste it into a notepad file and upload it as an attachment to your next post instead of copy-pasting it.

Hi, i did as you asked and checked through the files looking for things to do with Internet explorer, errors or failures and the bunch of numbers.

I found 2 ections of the txt both that related to Internet Explorer, there was nothing else i could find that seemed relevant to my problems.

The txt file i created should be attached

Thanks

sfcscannow_selections.txt

Hi,

I've thought about this for a while and I'm not sure how else to fix this problem without reinstalling. Perhaps somebody in the PC Support forum could help you fix this.

Your computer is clean of Malware though.

A well protected computer should have at least an Anti Virus and Firewall, an Anti Spyware is also great addition to your computers security. Here is a list of tools I like to recommend to people that will help ensure safe surfing on the internet, and to help you from getting infected again.

Note: DO NOT install more than one antivirus or Firewall program. They will conflict, and provide less protection, not more. Uninstall any existing Anti Virus\Firewall programs if you're going to install a new one.

Free Online Scans:

Free Active X and Java based online scans. You can use these scans from other companies and it will not interfere with your current Anti Virus. If you find that you are infected, post a Hijack This log in the forums.

Free Temp Cleaners:

Use these tools to clean temporary files from IE and Windows, empties the recycle bin and more. Great tool to help speed up your computer and knock out those nasties that like to reside in the temp folders. ATF cleaner recommended.

Free Firewall Downloads:

You must have a Firewall installed on your computer. This helps stop anything from leaving or entering your computer without your permission.

Free Anti Spyware Downloads:

An Antispyware is a great tool that can help remove infections along side your Anti Virus. Some include real time protection, scheduled scans and automatic definition updates.

Free Anti Virus Downloads:

A must have for all computers. Avast! recommended.

Other:

• SpywareGuard
    Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.
  • IE-SpyAd
    This tool puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
  • Memtest86
    Great memory testing software.
  • CPU-Z
    This application gives detailed information about your system in a nice layout
  • Speedfan
    Returns and monitors system temperatures.
  • Windows Updates
    It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.

You can now Rehide your system files by using these instructions HERE

To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read THIS article by Tony Klein.

If you have any other problems or questions be sure to ask. :)

Okay, I will have a look more on the net and see if there is more help around, im sure there is an answer out there somewhere!

Thanks heaps for your time and help! Very simple and easy to follow, but also effective advice!

Greatly appresiate your time :thumbsup::D

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.