Aaaarrrrrg.

Well I had a real dumb type of night last night... Well... Couple of days..... LOL

Removed the SP1 beta from Vista and replaced it with SP1 RC1. First night everything was fine. But the next day my internet connection just went dumb. Took forever to get any site to come up. Timeout errors on trying to update anything.

I thought "What the Hell".

Doing a repair on my network connection kept telling me to contact the system admin to fix the problem...... WHAT!

So I starts into every trick I know to solve this problem. No go..... Now I'm getting flustered... Spend more time at it... Still nothing.

So now I'm getting ready to toss the thing out the window.... Madder then a hornet. And then I get it..... Duh... Dumb.... Dumb.... Dumb.

So I opens up my browser.... Type in the number to access my router.... and run the wizard to update it..... :rolleyes:

Well that solved the problem. Boy did I feel dumb. LOL

I tweak my router, So any changes to the system I have to redo my router. AND I KNOW THIS..... :wacko:

But it was for the good tho.. I noticed that the router setting were set for 10Mbps/Full. So I switched it to 100Mbps/Full because that what my connection runs and WOW.... It's unbelievable the difference. I guess sometimes good does come out of the bad.....

But why does it make you feel so dumb in the meantime.

Aaaarrrrrg.

Well I had a real dumb type of night last night... Well... Couple of days..... LOL

Removed the SP1 beta from Vista and replaced it with SP1 RC1. First night everything was fine. But the next day my internet connection just went dumb. Took forever to get any site to come up. Timeout errors on trying to update anything.

I thought "What the Hell".

Doing a repair on my network connection kept telling me to contact the system admin to fix the problem...... WHAT!

So I starts into every trick I know to solve this problem. No go..... Now I'm getting flustered... Spend more time at it... Still nothing.

So now I'm getting ready to toss the thing out the window.... Madder then a hornet. And then I get it..... Duh... Dumb.... Dumb.... Dumb.

So I opens up my browser.... Type in the number to access my router.... and run the wizard to update it..... :rolleyes:

Well that solved the problem. Boy did I feel dumb. LOL

I tweak my router, So any changes to the system I have to redo my router. AND I KNOW THIS..... :wacko:

But it was for the good tho.. I noticed that the router setting were set for 10Mbps/Full. So I switched it to 100Mbps/Full because that what my connection runs and WOW.... It's unbelievable the difference. I guess sometimes good does come out of the bad.....

But why does it make you feel so dumb in the meantime.

Just send yourself a bill for the repair, and then refuse to pay it. :)

Well..... Maybe I wasn't to dumb.

Started acting up agian. So I did the reconfig on the router and it started to work for about 10 minutes. Then nothing. Reconfiged agian and the same thing happened. Ran without the router and it kept going and going and going. Plugged in the router and within 10 min. out it went.

So I grabed my Linksys router and configed it. We'll see how it goes. Might be my D-Link router going by by

Well the problem was my old router. Been running fine now. Tried the old one earlier and in about 10 min. it was out.

At least I don't feel to bad. Who would of thought it would have been something like that. LOL

At least I'm back up and running.