Strange Keyboard Question

My sister-in-law is having a strange problem. After she gets done printing something, her keyboard no longer responds. She can use her mouse and everything else works fine, she just can't type anything. I tried replacing the keyboard, but that didn't change anything. I looked in the event viewer and there were a lot of application errors. All of the errors had an event id of 1517 or 1524. I looked them up and saw people had problems with AVG that was causing this. They claimed uninstalling and reinstalling this would fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled AVG but that didn't help. Any other suggestions?

Info:

Windows XP SP2

Not a USB keyboard

:wacko:

Well, I have a rather weird dilemma myself and the two might be related. We have a paper shredder on the computer desk (where the printer used to go before the kids swiped it). Every time we use the shredder, my mouse "dies". I have to unplug it and replug it in. The mouse came with the computer so I'm assuming the drivers are OK.

The shredder is now moved (thinking vibration?) but hasn't been used since. Another idea is that they are both plugged into the same powerstrip. When we DO use the shredder, I'll post my results as to whether the mouse dies or not

Liz

this is just a guess that maybe when the printer and or shredder is activated it grabs System resources and does not let go when done. Or the keyboard priority is set lower than the printer.

just a few thing I would check however remote it might be.

Preston