Office Products Price Difference

I have been looking at different versions of office products. the stand alone versions of excel, power point and word listed here, are selling for $197 each. This product, which contains all three programs is just $125. Why would anyone spend $197 for one, when they can get all three for $125?

Dingdingdingding! ding? The cheaper one is the "student and teacher version" and the best part is that one can use it on 3 machines! Learned this when Daughter's exboyfriend bought this and shared it with her. Seems he needed to prove he was a student with his College ID to buy it, though. At least she got *something good* from that bum :thumbsup:

Liz

I need to get the student version ASAP. It's gettin to the point that OpenOffice ain't cuttin it. Good thing it can be installed on 3 machines. I can put it on the main rig, my lappy, then put it on the "family" PC for my parents to use (it's one of my computers but my parents, and my brother when he visits, use it)

then put it on the "family" PC for my parents to use (it's one of my computers but my parents, and my brother when he visits, use it)

WINK WINK

LOL

I guess letting them use your rig is the least you can do for all the trouble you were as a young'un. Gotta keep mom happy.

I can see where college kids can make a couple bucks for someone else to save, just by going to best buy to pick up a couple copies for the "guys back in the dorm", cough cough.

mike