My daughter-in-law has an HP Pavilion xe783 running Wme. (Trying to talk her into getting XP.)

A few days ago she asked me to install a wireless connection so she could use her work laptop.

She is on Verizon DSL using a Westell 2200 and her wireless router is a Netgear WGR614 v7.

I installed a wireless ethernet card.

Everything installed OK and I set the security mode. She can now connect with her laptop anywhere in the house or yard.

The problem is when we turn off the computer at night it keeps running even though the screen goes black. It then reboots after 5 minutes and we have to do a hard shutdown.

It worked normally until I hooked up the wireless.

Is there a setting I need to set to correct this?

Thanks.

My daughter-in-law has an HP Pavilion xe783 running Wme. (Trying to talk her into getting XP.)

A few days ago she asked me to install a wireless connection so she could use her work laptop.

She is on Verizon DSL using a Westell 2200 and her wireless router is a Netgear WGR614 v7.

I installed a wireless ethernet card.

Everything installed OK and I set the security mode. She can now connect with her laptop anywhere in the house or yard.

The problem is when we turn off the computer at night it keeps running even though the screen goes black. It then reboots after 5 minutes and we have to do a hard shutdown.

It worked normally until I hooked up the wireless.

Is there a setting I need to set to correct this?

Thanks.

Might need an Updated driver for the ethernet card. Or one designed for WME.