I just received my Action Pack today. I opted to install server 2003 instead of linux(it was a tough decision) for my business file server(raid 5). Since I would like to pursue business clients, I need the experience with "server 2003". I got all kinds of fun software, and all for just $300. Now I can play :-)

I just received my Action Pack today. I opted to install server 2003 instead of linux(it was a tough decision) for my business file server(raid 5). Since I would like to pursue business clients, I need the experience with "server 2003". I got all kinds of fun software, and all for just $300. Now I can play :-)

Cool. :matrix:

I built it using 5 320GB drives. after formatting and a 20% overhead which allows for the failure of one drives without losing my data, I have 1.12 TBs for backup.

1.12 TBs! :thumbsup:

What are you using this tremendous amount of storage for, shanenin? Back-up? Media server? :)

You will be able to host your own email and website, along with others.

I was thrown into a server swap, the IT company that was working this company we are contracted to did not label any cat5. Sold the company devices that were never used....

Good luck.

M

Oh my. Should we notify his neighboors to check on him if he doesnt come out for days at a time?

Sounds like fun.

Hows the new shop doin?

It has been a busy month. The transition has been stressful. Everything job I have done has been loaded with extra work. This is do to my infrastructure not being in place yet. I am slowly getting things together. By the first of the month, I should have my basic infrastructure needed to do client work efficiently. I also should have my sign installed. I then will keep the shop open regular hours. It has not helped that Newegg has for the second time froze my account do to a chargeback of $42.80 they said I made, which I have not. My account was closed for nearly two weeks last month, and almost two weeks this month(still froze), because of a $42.30 error they made. The process of getting the accounting straightened out is so slow. I have to email, then wait a day then email back. I am to the point I just want to pay them an extra 42.80 just to get the matter settled.

On a positive note, I did my first dc-jack repair on a laptop in my new shop, it felt good :-), even though it took me over 4 hours to do.

edit added later//

I do love the new purpose I have. It is nice to have somewhere to go and so much to do everyday. This past year and a half working from home has been a little depressing. I would do a few jobs and spend most of the time feeling stuck at home.