Hi all.

Question,

I run with a D-Link DI-604 4 port router. Has the latest firmware I can get. (they no longer support any more firmware upgrades for it).

Sister-in-law just gave me a Linksys WRT54G 2.4 54Mbps Broadband wireless router with a four port connection. (only run my desktops, no laptop). So for now wireless is no big deal. But the Linksys systen has more security features then the D-Link. Now keep in mind we all probably have more protection them 90% of the people out there roaming around the net. BUT...

Do any of you think I should drop the D-Link and start using the Linksys router. Would it really matter that much. I did notice I can run both routers at once, from one to the next, but that seems kinda overdoing things a little. Or not.....

Not sure quite what I want to do. That's why I'm asking what some of you would do. Help make up my mind. Keep the old, switch to the newer, or just say heck with it and run both and really throw them off the path.

Any thoughts

Thanks

If it ain't broke..............

As long as your old router doesn't have any limiting factors/features that can be had by switching to the Linksys, stay with what's been keeping you happy. Now if you want a new toy to play with, well, that's just a whole new ball game.

If it ain't broke..............

As long as your old router doesn't have any limiting factors/features that can be had by switching to the Linksys, stay with what's been keeping you happy. Now if you want a new toy to play with, well, that's just a whole new ball game.

Ya.... I'll play with it for awhile. Another in-law of mine works for IBM. He stays for a week or two during the 4th of July and always brings work with him. Being able to use WiFi would be easier for him. So I'll figure it out for when he shows up.

Heh,

I've got the same crappy old D-Link DI-604 4 port router, JSKY:-) It works for me. For my needs it is good enough.

Hey!!! I've been real happy with the D-Link. So I'll still use it all the time. Why supply a neighbor with free WiFi. If I never use it enough to keep tabs on it, to see if someone is "borrowing it"....LOL

stay with the d-link if it serving your needs.

You can put open source firmware on the linksys to play with it. As for as the neighbor. Turn it on and monitor the traffic, when they connect shut it off. Then when he is over drinking a brew with you he will ask all kinds of questions about "a open connection." But you have to wait untill you feel the are moving lots of traffic. It's just funnier.

Kinda like the windex commercial with the birds ringing the doorbell.

M