Hooking Up A 5 Port Workgroup Hub.

I had a power outage yesterday and now my Linksys Wireless-G is dead. I tried the reset switch and power on and off with no results. So I have the 5 port hub that I am trying to get to work and only one PC works with it. I have the main PC hooked up and then another cable going downstairs to another PC but I get a limited or no Connection warning on the other PC. All these cables worked yesterday. Could it be possible the power outage killed a cable?

A hub doesn't do NAT, which is why you only have one computer that is able to work. The one computer is grabbing the lone external IP address you get from you ISP. Without a NAT device, all you other devices will also try to grab the lone external IP address. When one of your other computers already has the external IP, it gets nothing and displays the limited or no connection message.

Simple solution is to get another router. Any router should do NAT, and therefore solve the issue.

I'm still half asleep, so if none of this makes sense, I'll try to explain better later.

A hub doesn't do NAT, which is why you only have one computer that is able to work. The one computer is grabbing the lone external IP address you get from you ISP. Without a NAT device, all you other devices will also try to grab the lone external IP address. When one of your other computers already has the external IP, it gets nothing and displays the limited or no connection message.

Simple solution is to get another router. Any router should do NAT, and therefore solve the issue.

I'm still half asleep, so if none of this makes sense, I'll try to explain better later.

Thanks for the help. I figured out that the reset switch has to be pushed in for 15 seconds and now the router does work. One question though. I am trying to remember the access to the settings of the router. Linksys WRT54GS and I have the Default gateway, but I can't figure out the password. I thought I just typed in linksys and left the password blank. Any help with that?

Figured it out. I used Admin as user and then remembered my password. Wrote it down in my password book. Geezzz I have a lot of sites and things that require passwords. Good thing I write them down. Just got to remember that I have the book and where it is when I need a password. Wont be long and I wont have to worry about that. Thats the great thing about loosing your memory. No more worries and if you forget someones birthday, they will understand.