I am currently building a new rig I have the mobo already Asus p5w which does NOT support Sli... I was wondering which setup would be better GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit and GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit NOT running Sli... Or 2 Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit running crossfire... The reason for the 2 different Geforces is room issues on my mobo (I need all my PCI slots and the 2 pci slot 8800gts would cover 1) but both GeForces have

Direct X 10 the ATis do not which from what i understand is a pretty big deal... I am running ATi in my current computer and I am happy but I have been told GeForces are better... I don't really have my heart set on that exact Geforce and could get matching 7950s and still be happy... Im just very confused to the point of headache... Can someone tell me the best solution out of these 3 for top performance?

Fire

p.s. would really appreciate a non bias opinion of which company is better.

ok so, your mobo does not have SLI but you still want 2 cards. Why? Multi-Monitor setup? And for that matter does it have 16X 2 PCI-E Slots? Does the board support crossfire? I personally am not a fan of ATI and would much rather have nVidia cards. If you you are going for straight up power, just get a single 8800GTX or if you have the cash get an 8800 Ultra.

Ok just looked up your board and it does have 2 16X PCI-E slots and supports Crossfire but still, a single 8800 should outperform Crossfired Radeon 1950's. I'd go for just a single 8800GTS 512 or GTX 640.

Edited by Honda_Boy

At some point I am planning on running 4 monitors (Cause I do Video editing)... But say I was not doing the quad monitor thing. I would not benefit from 2 cards? I was under the impression that putting in 2 cards was like putting in an extra amount of ram... if anything it would just give the computer a little boost.

Thanks for the reply though it helped... so hit me back about this ^ and clear me up a little more..

This is the setup I'm goin with so far:

Antec Nine Hundred Case... P5W Deluxe Board... Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6300... OCZ Gold 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)...

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM... Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM... LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner

With 12X DVD-RAM... ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler... KINGWIN ABT-600MA1W ATX 12V Ver.2.2 600W Power Supply (This power supply is

the only other thing I worry about)... Than a couple of other odds and ends...

Thanks again for the reply

Fire

Well dual cards is beneficial mostly in gaming but the GeForce 8 series is a whole generation ahead of the Radeon X1950. Until you gonna have more than 2 monitors, I suggest a single 8800GTS 512 or 8800GTX 640. I have dual 256MB GeForce 7600GT CO's myself running in SLI but I disable SLI when I'm not gaming and run triple monitors.