In the last 2 days my Firefox is missing graphics on some of the web pages. I thought it was due to me installing Quick time but after uninstalling it and rebooting I still have the problem. Yahoo looks ok but when I try my Yahoo mail it doesn't have all the options listed and I can't read any messages. IE 6 works just fine. I downloaded the new update to Java and also the newer version of Firefox 2.0.0.3 and still have the problem. I am guessing it is something to do with Windows instead but like I said IE 6 works fine. Any ideas here? I did check the Tools/Options content and made sure load images automatically was checked. And went to Manage File Types and when Quick time was installed it took some of the file type and now uninstalled it shows those as Shockwave Flash using the file types.

Edited by lefty1953

If you get desperate, you could delete your whole profile folder. Before doing so, make sure you save a copy of your file called "bookmarks.html" . For example my firefox profile is located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\shane\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\c92krqa9.default

After doing so, you will probable have to reinstall flash and other addons. All of byour saved passwords will also be gone.

Edited by shanenin
If you get desperate, you could delete your whole profile folder. Before doing so, make sure you save a copy of your file called "bookmarks.html" . For example my firefox profile is located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\shane\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\c92krqa9.default

After doing so, you will probable have to reinstall flash and other addons. All of byour saved passwords will also be gone.

Wont get desperate, I can always go back to IE6 or 7 if need be. I really don't use the tabs all that much anyway. Only thing I use daily is the 1-click Weather reports. And that can be had on IE6 or 7. I might just uninstall Firefox completely and then reinstall. If it works good if not, I will just get rid of it.

uninstalling and reinstalling firefox will not remove your profile. The profile is where the problem may lie. In my case, while firefox is closed, I would delete this directory, yours will be some other random directory name.

Edited by shanenin
uninstalling and reinstalling firefox will not remove your profile. The profile is where the problem may lie. In my case, while firefox is closed, I would delete this directory, yours will be some other random directory name.

Tried that and when I try to load Firefox it gives me a box that says Firefox is already running and if I would like to open a new window I need to close the other Firefox. I uninstalled it after deleting the Profiles folder and then rebooted. Then I installed 2.0.0.3 and tried to run it when I got that message. So what I did was undelete ,Restored the profile file and now it works again but I still have the missing graphics. I think I will just use IE.

Do you have Zone Alarm Pro or did you have a trial of it? The reason I ask is someone I knew had similar problems within the browser and it had something to do with it. I can't remember now. I can see if I can remember what it was if you have that program.

Just throwing my hat into the ring....:-)

Michael

No Zone Alarm here but thanks for the input. FireFox has worked for me for 6 months now and all of a sudden did this. There is a chance my grandson(5) who plays on this PC all the time might have done something. I already tried sfc /scannow and that didn't help.