For the last five years or so I've subscribed to DirecTV's MLB Extra Innings package so that I can watch and Tivo out of area games.

I'm thinking of this year maybe trying MLB TV instead.

You watch the games over the internet on the computer.

DTV is starting to annoy me.

Anyone have any experience with this? I have high speed and all the system requirements.

Thanks,

Joe

I'm not interested in sports, but I will say that I've been watching more and more full-length features online, most recently a BBC documentary debunking global warming. Hey, we're sittin' in front of this darn thing anyway, so ... why not?

Yeah, I agree. I'm wondering about picture quality though. Dropped frames etc.

Yeah, that would be something to worry about. I have cheapo DSL and watch video in small boxes rather than full-screen, and even then there are glitches. Which I guess depends on the quality of the original feed (which doesn't matter much when viewed in small boxes). But sports? You'd want that full screen if possible. Wonder if they have a test site or video you could check out?

Yeah, that would be something to worry about. I have cheapo DSL and watch video in small boxes rather than full-screen, and even then there are glitches. Which I guess depends on the quality of the original feed (which doesn't matter much when viewed in small boxes). But sports? You'd want that full screen if possible. Wonder if they have a test site or video you could check out?

Good idea.

I'll see if I can see a demo.