Ok To Receive Email From Library Station?

Thanks for reading this!

2 part question:

1. A friend of mine is going on a trip and

wants to be in touch with us via email.

She plans to use a library computer.

Is this safe as long as she clears her IE history

after she closes her e-mail provider site?

~~~~~~~~~

2. If it's safe that way, and if I give her IE6 directions

to clear the history, can she follow those directions

if the library is using IE7?

I've heard there is no menu bar in IE7 by default,

so she might not see "Tools"?

[tools...internet options...clear history]

I will really appreciate anyone's help!

nancy

Edited by wonderent

I would have to think that most libraries would disable as many controls as possible to prevent people from mucking up the system. Plus policies will differ from place to place. Most cell phones do text and email nowadays. I bought my phone at Walmart for $50 and pay-as-you-go for minutes. I got to admit though, using the keypad is a pain in the butt instead of a keyboard

Mark

Edited by garmanma

When the Dancers went to Denmark, we all used Library computers for email problem free (funny thing....most Danish households had computers BUT had no internet service!)

Some libraries are doing what many schools do nowadays--in layman's terms, every time they shut the computers down for the night, they erase everything and when turned on the next morning, its like a fresh install of windows. This prevents "cooties" from infesting a computer and I would imagine all IE history is cleared. She can always ask the librarian if they have this system.

The easiest way is for your friend to make a Hotmail email account so it can be accessible anywhere. AND of course, if you receive an attachment in the email from your friend, don't open it unless you KNOW she purposely sent it!

Liz

Edited by blim