Firewire Cable In The Coffee

I go to my favorite wifi coffee shop today and unpack my laptop and iPod.

With an expresso on the table I get out my firewire cable to sync the laptop with the iPod.

Absentmindedly I have the cable dangling in my left hand while searching for the iPod charger in my bag with my right hand.

I glance over and see the iPod connecter end of the firewire cable hanging in my double expresso, fully submerged.

$#&% ............I blew the connecter out and let it dry out.

Just tried it. Still works.......glad it wasn't one of those chocolate double lattes with whipped cream! :wacko:

Is "Here's your sign" appropriate in this situation?

:D :D :D Oh, Joe, I'm laughing at Sethook's response...and WITH you, not AT you. Coming from someone who discovered Flash Drives still work just fine after getting sucked up the vacuum cleaner and getting dug out of the vacuum cleaner bag.

Liz

Is "Here's your sign" appropriate in this situation?

:D :D :D Oh, Joe, I'm laughing at Sethook's response...and WITH you, not AT you. Coming from someone who discovered Flash Drives still work just fine after getting sucked up the vacuum cleaner and getting dug out of the vacuum cleaner bag.

Liz

I should add that I still drank the expresso.

Hey, it cost me 3 bucks! ;)

I don't blame you one bit for drinking the expresso, Joe, I would too!! :) Can't waste that stuff!

Liz

That's for sure!

While we're on the subject: do you know that J.S. Bach wrote a secular work called the Coffee Cantata?

Very funny in a baroque kind of way. I heard it perfomed live a few times.

Edited by irregularjoe

Talking of that kind of thing I once washed and dried a flash drive. it was in a pocket of some pants that went through washer and drier before I found it. It was dry, plugged it in and the stored files were fine. Funny part is that it contains all the files for cleaning up a computer.

... been there, done that.

We use pagers at work. While getting things arranged on a break I heard a "Plop! bloop-bloop-bloop." I looked down and there were bubbles in my coffee. Yup, I had dislodged my pager and it went into the coffee cup. No, it didn't work after that. <_<

Some things are better then you think....

Brother-in-law works for IBM. He was visiting one time and working with his laptop. He spilled beer all over it, and I thought it was toast.

Heck, he just went to the sink and just stuck it under the water and rinsed it off. Then when he thought it was dry. About 15 min. later. He just started it right up. Worked like a charm. And still running now, a couple of years later.

If it would have been mine, it would have been toast. With my luck...LOL

Have had a pedometer fall off into the toilet a couple of times...yep it still worked, including the voice nag, after fishing it out and disinfecting it with lysol spray.

Broke the end cover piece off the newest flash drive recently trying to open it. Just couldn't figure out how to open it with my near sighted eyes, and no instructions. Works fine anyhow!!! wheewww!!!

Hubby has lost many a wrist watch, along with pagers, and ham radio walkie talkie things at work skinying into and out of manholes and storm drains etc. Unfortunately never recovered any to see if they still would keep on ticking/working!!! Sigh!!! Maybe the sewer rats would know. :rolleyes:

Pat

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat