So today I go to open up firefox and see whats goin on in the eWorld. I click the icon and the hour glass comes up and goes away, with no firefox opening. I checked task manager, and ended the firefox.exe process, which caused my comp to make funny noises until a restart. This has happened twice, what could be the problem?

I don't know anything about your pc so I would say to be on the safe side and keep any important data backed up just in case. I would also say run a chkdsk and then a defrag in that order. It could help if files are badly fragmented on your drive. That clicking could just be the actuator arm going back and forth looking for the files that may be scattered. If you can run a SMART test on the drive, I would do so. If the drive didn't come with the SMART software then check out the manufacturers site for the diagnostic tool.

If the chkdsk shows bad clusters you may want to replace the drive soon as they will grow in number and start causing problems.

Edited by Tootsdog9