Problem Resolved - Close Thresd

I have been trying to install Adobe flash player 9 from the download site but after a short time I'm told that I must be the administrator in order to do it. According to my account, I am the administrator and this is the only program I have ever had a this problem. I didn't have a problem on my desktop but am with my compaq presario wireless notebook. Running xp home with all updates. I have installed another program to see if it would install, no problem. The message I get when trying to install adobe is "Error

You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account." Any ideas???

Edited by calusamar

I completely removed all Adobe products from my computer a while ago. When I reinstalled it, I couldn't get it to NOT install FlashPlayer. How do you download? Diresctly to the hard drive or to the Desktop?

Mark

I have been trying to install Adobe flash player 9 from the download site but after a short time I'm told that I must be the administrator in order to do it. According to my account, I am the administrator and this is the only program I have ever had a this problem. I didn't have a problem on my desktop but am with my compaq presario wireless notebook. Running xp home with all updates. I have installed another program to see if it would install, no problem. The message I get when trying to install adobe is "Error

You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account." Any ideas???

Do you have a security program like spy sweeper that is not allowing installion of IE addons?

Do you have a security program like spy sweeper that is not allowing installion of IE addons?

Spyware guard, spyware blaster,super anti-spyware, avast av on laptop and desktop. The error box I am getting does not look like the normal windows box, more like it is coming from Adobe, but that doesn't make sense.

Edited by calusamar

If one of those programs blocked the install, as for as adobe is concerned it may appear as not having permission. If you can, temporarily disable those programs(at least all real time protection) then try again.

Edited by shanenin
If one of those programs blocked the install, as for as adobe is concerned it may appear as not having permission. If you can, temporarily disable those programs(at least all real time protection) then try again.

I have already tried that with the same results., both machines run the same programs but there is obviously something different with the configuration of my notebook. I have also tried safe mode with networking with the same results

I have already tried that with the same results., both machines run the same programs but there is obviously something different with the configuration of my notebook. I have also tried safe mode with networking with the same results

Was having problems with windows 3.1 installer and Java, possibly IE, not sure where the problem was but did a master reset on IE, ran sfc /scannow, reinstalled windows 3.1 installer and was finally able to update Java and as a result able to install Adobe flash, problem resolved. Thanks for input..........O