Time To Fetch Your Annual Credit Report

Official Annual Credit Report Site

For those of you who found out about the "official" site around the same time I did, it's time to get your free report again! Yippee! :D

Notes:

You can get reports from all three companies at once (so you can compare what each has) or from one every four months (so you can keep up-to-date on what's going on with your credit history) or any other combination of companies and time (but only once from each company during a 12 month period).

I thought I had made a mistake last year by getting reports from all the available companies at once, but now I see I got to compare them all last year (no meaningful differences), and now this year I can space them out (keeping track throughout the year).

When you click on a company's link you're sent to that company's site, once you're done there's a "return" button on top to get you back to the official site (to obtain a report from another company for example).

There's generally no reason to pay for any advanced or optional services. If you're at a page that requires a payment, you did something wrong (unless you wanted to be there).

If you're like me and wish to print it out, load the printer with plenty of paper! Mine's still printing but if I remember it'll take over twenty pages (more or less) for each company's report (I think one of them is much more condensed though).

The official site uses HTTPS (among other security measures ) and requires you type in a lot of personal information including your SS#, so if you're paranoid you might want to use the "FAQ" page to find addresses and phone numbers to do this offline.

------

That's all I can think of for now. :)