I Did Something You Should Never Do

Got an e-mail from my ISP reminding me my current credit card is due to expire, "Click here" to update my account.

Since I know my card's due to expire, and I know the correct site address for my account (been there too many times) I went ahead and clicked the link.

However, remember, you really SHOULD use another method of going to an account. The e-mail could have been spoofed, the site it leads you to could have been spoofed. You wouldn't want to type in your credit card information into a spoofed site (to state the obvious).

Either use a current "favorites" link or type in a known address for the site you need to visit.

Do as I say, not as I do! :lol:

I tell all customers to make backup weekly, but at least once a month. Do I make backups NNNNOOOOOOO.....

Thanks for the heads up. Never trust email or websites....call the company may be a little in toll charges but having a 60 LCD charged to the card would suck.

PS thanks to who ever brought in the big screen.

M

i get emails from "paypal" all the time saying someone has added a new email address to my account or my account has been suspended or something like that. The address it comes from is something like "[email protected]" but all the links it gives me would send me to like "something.tz"

had someone who doesn't know a lot about computers gotten that email, then wouldn't have know it was a scam and went to the website and probably would've given someone a lot of personal information. :(

Ya gotta be careful.

I have two bank accounts one is for online purchases, when I want something I move money in that account. Any other time the account has the minimum balance needed to stay open and stay free. I also check my statements online at my bank regularly because I need all the money I have. My last name is not Gates.

M

i only use my card online to but flights or hotel accomodation....
I've always used one card so any problems would be more obvious, unfortunately it's not accepted everywhere (Discover - no particular reason I chose that one that I can remember, likely I didn't use it often elsewhere). I hate when I have to use another account. I've turned down offers or cancelled purchases just because they would not accept the card I want to use (and wrote letters explaining why they lost a sale).
I have two bank accounts one is for online purchases, when I want something I move money in that account. Any other time the account has the minimum balance needed to stay open and stay free

You want to be very very careful there!

Some times just the fact that there may be little or no fundson the account, you are still open to credit fraud. I know examples where money was removed from accounts with automatic OD's which can ruin your credit rating if not paid.

But essentially yes, it is smarter to have a seperate account for online purchases, rather than straight out of your million dollar account ;)

I've always used one card so any problems would be more obvious, unfortunately it's not accepted everywhere (Discover - no particular reason I chose that one that I can remember, likely I didn't use it often elsewhere). I hate when I have to use another account. I've turned down offers or cancelled purchases just because they would not accept the card I want to use (and wrote letters explaining why they lost a sale).

In Ireland all the banks use Visa or Mastercard, and wrap it up in their own branding.

I have two bank accounts one is for online purchases, when I want something I move money in that account. Any other time the account has the minimum balance needed to stay open and stay free

You want to be very very careful there!

Some times just the fact that there may be little or no fundson the account, you are still open to credit fraud. I know examples where money was removed from accounts with automatic OD's which can ruin your credit rating if not paid.

But essentially yes, it is smarter to have a seperate account for online purchases, rather than straight out of your million dollar account ;)

My bank has was just purchased by Capital One, but we all ways had MasterCard as their bank cards.