This is the worst service anyone could use. I thought AOL was bad, but WildBlue takes the cake. It has a running 30 day Bandwidth that you can't go over or they slow your service down to a snails pace. I am going to get my Dial-up back and use it while I pay for Wildblue for the next 11 months. I signed a contract that was gone over with me and never was there the mention of a bandwidth restriction. Viewing web pages that have pictures on them is part of the downloads your accounted for. So in short, everything on the web counts against your downloading. So be ware and steer clear!

This is the worst service anyone could use. I thought AOL was bad, but WildBlue takes the cake. It has a running 30 day Bandwidth that you can't go over or they slow your service down to a snails pace. I am going to get my Dial-up back and use it while I pay for Wildblue for the next 11 months. I signed a contract that was gone over with me and never was there the mention of a bandwidth restriction. Viewing web pages that have pictures on them is part of the downloads your accounted for. So in short, everything on the web counts against your downloading. So be ware and steer clear!

Wow, locked into a year of that s$%^ bites.

I found this policy on their site. They really give it a positive spin and make it sound like its good for everybody. This really defeats the purpose of having broadband.

The minimum package has a download limit of 7,500megabytes, and goes up from there. Have you already gone over this limit?

I went over the limit of 12,000 in one month, according to them. I did reformat my hard drive and had 61 updates from Windows Xp, I downloaded IE7, and then got on a site that allowed unlimited downloads of old Abandonware and shareware games and downloaded about 800 MB.

Just yesterday, I was looking for a car and went to a few sites that had some pictures of cars I was interested in and then downloaded my 2 e-mails(all text) and ended up adding another 500 MB of downloads to my service. How in the H#ll can that happen? I am calling my bank today and see if I can stop them from withdrawing payments form my account. Then I am calling WildBlue and canceling this crap of a service.

I live in an area of about 20 homes and there is no way anyone is locking into my service from outside and stealing it. Those 20 homes cover over 10 acres.

I went over the limit of 12,000 in one month, according to them. I did reformat my hard drive and had 61 updates from Windows Xp, I downloaded IE7, and then got on a site that allowed unlimited downloads of old Abandonware and shareware games and downloaded about 800 MB.

Just yesterday, I was looking for a car and went to a few sites that had some pictures of cars I was interested in and then downloaded my 2 e-mails(all text) and ended up adding another 500 MB of downloads to my service. How in the H#ll can that happen? I am calling my bank today and see if I can stop them from withdrawing payments form my account. Then I am calling WildBlue and canceling this crap of a service.

I live in an area of about 20 homes and there is no way anyone is locking into my service from outside and stealing it. Those 20 homes cover over 10 acres.

I would suggest you call WildBlue and discus any options in upgrading your service before trying to skip out on the contract. Your legal fees/damaged credit may be worse then upgrading or riding it out.

Yea, I am going to hold out until the 20th since that is the last day I downloaded anything. I went through my files and found IE7, FireFox 2.0 and 1.5(1.5 is better) , Windows Defender, the 61 updates from Microsoft, The 138 small files from the game site, Nero updates, HP updates and a bunch of other misc. files. They add up fast and when you first get a faster service (at least I did) you tend to use it for what it is worth. I have calmed down a little and will try and wait it out. The usage went down 716 MB since yesterday.

So maybe by the 20th. I will be back to having the service I am paying for. Your right, I don't want to mess with my credit after getting it to where it is at today, near 700 on the credit scores. Thanks for setting your calming hooks on me.

FireFox 2.0 and 1.5(1.5 is better)

Just curious, what do you like about the old version better? The new spell check feature is the best thing ever.

Extensions,Themes. I like the Spell checker on 1.5, works good for me.