Linksys Router Dhcp Settings

the default settings for the router are to use dhcp. You could just reset it with the pinhole in the back.

edit added later//

before you follow that advice, you may want to be a little more specific to your problem. I may giving you faulty advice(based on the limited amount of info given)

Edited by shanenin
the default settings for the router are to use dhcp. You could just reset it with the pinhole in the back.

edit added later//

before you follow that advice, you may want to be a little more specific to your problem. I may giving you faulty advice(based on the limited amount of info given)

WildBlue told me I needed to change the Linksys Router DHCP settings from Static to Dynamic settings.

you can manually check the setting by accessing the router through the web interface. Type this address into your address bar

for the user name enter: user

for the password enter: admin (this is the default password)

on the home page you should see your settings to use dhcp for both your wan and lan.

you can manually check the setting by accessing the router through the web interface. Type this address into your address bar

for the user name enter: user

for the password enter: admin (this is the default password)

on the home page you should see your settings to use dhcp for both your wan and lan.

Can't see anything about using Dynamic settings? Only Static is listed and I looked in all the tabs above.

your firmware may be giving you a different menu system then mine, but I bet it is close. On the top where it says "static ip" to the right, you should have a down pointing arrow. This is for a drop down menu. DHCP should be one of the options.

by the way, who set it to use static originally?

your firmware may be giving you a different menu system then mine, but I bet it is close. On the top where it says "static ip" to the right, you should have a down pointing arrow. This is for a drop down menu. DHCP should be one of the options.

by the way, who set it to use static originally?

Looks like it is set at DHCP and not Static. IP

WildBlue likes to point to other things when all is not working smoothly. I think they refresh their IP's like every 24 hours, don't remember exactly.

I would make a backup of the router config. Do this by going into the firmware page and back up. Reset the router to defaults either through the router interface or with a pin to the reset button on the back.

Linksys usually ships routers to plug and go. Meaning it should revert to DHCP and allow the connection.

What model and version?

M

WildBlue likes to point to other things when all is not working smoothly. I think they refresh their IP's like every 24 hours, don't remember exactly.

I would make a backup of the router config. Do this by going into the firmware page and back up. Reset the router to defaults either through the router interface or with a pin to the reset button on the back.

Linksys usually ships routers to plug and go. Meaning it should revert to DHCP and allow the connection.

What model and version?

M

Did a live chat with a Linksys tech person the other day and found out a lot of things. The one thing is that this was already set at DHCP Dynamic. Wildblue is the worst service I have had. I would go back to Dial-up if I didn't have a 1 year obligation with WB. Once this service obligation is over I will go back to dial-up. I never heard of Bandwidth limitations and so now my service has been slowed down to slower than Dial-up. I paid a fee to download on a web site which has a ton of old games that are either Shareware, Abandon ware or freeware and had downloaded for 3 days and found Wildblue cut my speed on the service. It's one of those things they don't tell you about until it's too late. It is a 30 day running bandwidth which has a limit on downloads and uploads and includes any video you watch and any e-mails you download.