Well, I got hacked. Thankfully Newegg rejected the order and the other company called to verify an order. The sites I buy from are trusted and secure. I'm using Firefox for my browser. I have all the MS updates Trend-Micro is my Virus and firewall program, it is kept up to date. I'm on a cable connection using a Linksys router(3-4 yr. old). What are the best settings to secure my router? What other precautions should be addressed?

Thanks

Mark

While it's possible, I doubt your information was stolen by someone hacking your computer to find the information.

Unless you have lots of ports forwarded/exposed by the router and firewall your computer's information should be safe.

In spite of your precautions, I'd bet you got "spoofed" or ended up sending information on a non-secure channel regardless of what the site might have "promised".

You might want to alert your credit card company that your account may have been compromised.

Thanks. I already did that. A camera store called me to verify a different shipping address than billing address. That's how I found out Luckily Neweegg won't ship to a different address or they'd have about a $1000 . They turnned it down. My bank said no other transaction were received. There was one site I tried to purchase from that I never used before. I probably should have done my homework better. Hopeully it's nipped in the bud

Mark