Hey guys (and gals),

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of the Xbox 360? I've been debating getting one for the last few days (499$ CAD for the console and one game but obviously i'd have to buy another wireless controller and maybe even a game. Then there's that pesky tax.)

I don't think i'd be getting away for less than 700$ or so which does hurt the wallet since I don't exactly make a huge amount of money as a student.

I'm not wanting to wait for the Wii or the PS3 cause the only thing that appeals to me on the Wii is Zelda however that can wait for now. The PS3, well I currently have the PS1 (no that isn't a typo, I am actually a generation behind :P ) and like it a lot still but i've run out of games and the thing is that i don't have an HDTV (won't be getting one for the next few years for that matter) so I don't feel the need to have a Blu-Ray drive.

Based on all that, i'm thinking the 360 suits me just fine (without buying the HD DVD addon of course) however i'm thinking maybe I should wait till Christmas for a sale that may come up or even wait till beginning of 2007 to see if there is a price drop?

Also, to whoever who has one, what are your impressions of Xbox Live? Is the whole 60$ per year or so worth it or is it better to just stick with the free Silver package? Is the 360 wireless ready out of the box or do I need to get a very long ethernet cable/wireless adapter?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

All I can tell ya is everyone I know that has an X-Box 360 and is online has become a hermit -- I rarely see them outdoors. I think they must like it. A lot. (Partially kidding.)

They all sprang for the Gold and I've never heard anyone complain they weren't getting their money's worth.

(I pretty much stopped gaming so my personal opinion is moot ... )

All I can tell ya is everyone I know that has an X-Box 360 and is online has become a hermit -- I rarely see them outdoors. I think they must like it. A lot. (Partially kidding.)

They all sprang for the Gold and I've never heard anyone complain they weren't getting their money's worth.

(I pretty much stopped gaming so my personal opinion is moot ... )

I've seen that before also, however it doesn't seem to really affect me. I borrowed a friends Xbox while he was out of town for a month and while I did play it a lot I never seemed to play for more than 1 hour a day maximum (often times less).

I'm looking at the 360 as also a way to be able to stream content from my computer in the den to the TV in the living room.