My Project

Damn, I just got a call from Weksos Industries saying my Skunk2 knob was backordered 3 or 4 weeks. I got a guy up in Nashville with his own shop and he says his supplier in Memphis could get me my Skunk2 Knob Thursday. So, I'm just waiting to get my money put back onto my card and I'm going to get my knob from the guy in Nashville.

*Well, I went to the bank to check on my account and they had never charged me so I think I'll go ahead and paypal the guy and get my new knob from him. He has his own online store but he told me to paypal instead since he hasn't got the TennSpeed discount on the online store yet. I need to go to his shop sometime and get an alignment too. Not many places will give you an alignment for $50.

Edited by Honda_Boy
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got the headlights yesterday and installed them today. On with crappy pics.

Before:

headlightinstall002.jpg

In the middle of the install:

headlightinstall005.jpg

headlightinstall006.jpg

Finished:

headlightinstall008.jpg

headlightinstall010.jpg

headlightinstall011.jpg

Had a wonderful day yesterday. My intention was to just sit around for a while, go get my paycheck, cash/deposit it, then go get the new headlights.

Well, I woke up to work calling my bedroom phone which no one knows but friends and family. My granny gave them the number <_< . SO I wound up having to work 11-1 for lunch. Well I worked it and was going to get my check when I left. They weren't there yet (they were supposed to have been delivered yesterday). General manager said they'd be in by 3 or 4. Crap. I go home. I sit around for a while. Then I decide to check my tire pressure for the trip later to get the lights. Valve stem on rear left tire is messed up. When I took the cap off, air was leaking out a lot. I couldn't get an accurate reading. Also, my rear right tire is 5psi lower than the others. I give it some air. I go to Turner and Osborne tire to get the valve stem fixed. Can't get to me for 45 minutes. SO, I go to Sears. My car is on the rack in 45 SECONDS. Now, I was just there to get the valve stem fixed. They asked if I wanted that tire balanced while I was there. I asked them how much. After hearing the prices, I wound up getting a rotation and balance while I was there. So I walk around the mall a while, while I was waiting. I go back to Sears and stand at the door and watch my car on the rack. Then the guy working on my car asks me to come with him into the shop.......... There were 2 friggin nails in one of my tires. That was the one 5psi low. So I had to have 2 patches done. So I ended up paying $65 for all this. Then I go back to work to get the check. It was 4 so I figured it was there. It wasn't. The manager said the general manager would be there in 15-20 minutes to drop off the checks. I leave just to drive. I come back 20 minutes later, FINALLY I get my check. I haul ass to the bank and get it cashed/deposited. Then finally about 6:30 I get a call from the guy I was buying the headlights from. I leave at about 7:00 and am back at my house at 8:00 with the headlights.

What a friggin day yesterday was.

it was age and the fact they were blacked out. They didn't do a good job so the inside of the lenses got bad. These new ones were done right so the lens didn't get messed up. I plan on using PlastX on the new ones every tie I wash my car from now on to make sure they stay nice.

• 1 month later...

Been a while huh?

A new problem has risen. Though it's good in a way. I've been wanting a new exhaust. Well today I started my car at work and was outside making sure my passenger window closed right for the car wash (undercarriage to get the salt off) and I heard a metallic rattling in the back. I lay down under the car and find that one of my muffler hangers had rusted through and broke off. So now there is a large hole in the support there. I'm gonna have to have that hole patched. Well I figured, screw fixin the stuff for this exhaust and get a new can. Then take the can to a shop and have a new STRAIGHT exhaust made. I really want a full catback exhaust but they are too expensive. The can is relatively cheap and muffler shop pipes are just fine and a LOAD cheaper.

So here's what I'm looking to get:

Buddy Club Pro Spec Universal Muffler

What I really want:

Buddly Club Pro Spec Exhaust System

Either that or an A'PEXi N1 or an A'PEXi Noir but with my cash, it looks like the Buddy Club Pro Spec Muffler and Muffler Shop pipe are what I'm gonna wind up with.

What do you mean by that? Also, why rice burner? My car is Canadian :lol:

Seriously though I wanna know why needing exhaust repair makes you say "rice burners" amuse you.

Honda is a Canadian company now? STOP the presses!

No point in gettin' defensive any more, Honda's products are nearly as "American" as Ford's now, though the companies remain Japanese and American, respectively (hence the continuing animosity).

The only car I ever got a modified exhaust for was the Mustang. What I got was illegal, but that V8 burble sure sounded NICE! (That was back when my County was considered "rural," there were no inspections.)

These exhausts are designed to be legal and remain within certain sound levels. Emissions wise, there are no inspections in my county but from the Catalytic converter back makes no difference in emissions. And Honda has assembly lines in Japan, US, and Canada for US and Canadian spec vehicles. Most Coupes from 92-00 were produced in the US with a bunch in Canada (my old car was assembled in the US) and the hatches were all made in Canada. A lot of my interior has Made in the US written on it though.

What's funny though is even US cars are called ricers. I see riced out Cavaliers and Focuses all the time. Actually before I owned it, my car was a ricer. I was told by others that knew of the car that it used to have a body kit and 18" gunmetal wheels. Lucky for me now, the exterior is all stock with the lip, blackout headlights, and replica JDM OEM fogs. Only rice part left are the gay APC side markers. I'm eventually getting rid of the fenders that are on it and getting JDM OEM fenders with the JDM OEM sidemarkers.

Seriously though I wanna know why needing exhaust repair makes you say "rice burners" amuse you.

The size of that "can", and in the end, the sound will amuse me. :D

Really though. What's up with 4-5in diameter tail pipes? It seems to be the theme but I just don't get it.

It's better though than what I saw today. I was stuck behind a Chevy Crappilier with DUAL EXHUAST! Dual exhaust on an inline engine? Hehe... young people make me look bad :rolleyes:

Goodluck with the exhuast work, upload us some tones!

Edited by Bubba Bob

Well the Buddy Club is smaller than the one I have. Straight through exhausts are less restrictive but some are just ridiculous. There are many like A'PEXi's Noir and World Sport exhausts that have a completely different look but honestly I just don't like the World Sport and I can't find a Noir that's just the Muffler.

What a coincidence, I saw a Crapalier with a dual exhaust today too. You know ALL Altimas now come with dual exhaust factory 4 banger or V6. Even then a lot of modders will take something like a 350Z and give it a single exhaust (cause dual is, well, unnecessary).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, apparently I had never gotten a good look a World Sport before cause I saw a nice up close picture and they don't look quite like I originally thought. It turns out now, I'm getting a universal A'PEXi World Sport 2 muffler and taking it to a shop to have it installed on the car with a new pipe. These have to come out straight.

A'PEXi World Sport 2 muffler

I'll be getting the standard N/A version obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely getting an A'PEXi World Sport II muffler for my b-day and having it installed. After that I'm thinkin a Password JDM Carbon fiber Power Chamber Intake and some JDM Civic Type R mirrors (non-power folding)

Intake:

Password%20JDM%20Carbon%20Fiber%20PowerChamber%20Intake%20(EG%20EK%20Civic)%20Large.jpg

Mirrors:

2200L.jpg

I'm gonna try to get a hold of them mirrors soon cause they have very limited stock of them. I think I'll just rattle can them black until I can afford to have the car fully painted. I guess they'll make my car look like a EUDM/UKDM EJ9 (Civic 1.4) since they have black mirrors that are pretty much the exact same thing as CTR mirrors.

A'PEXi World Sport II Muffler Ordered from www.inlinefour.com and on it's way.......from California. My dad is hopin it gets here on time for my birthday :P

Can't wait till my B-Day. Lucky me it's on a Tuesday too so I don't have to work. I gotta go to Programming class instead. Still neither me nor the other guy at work with the same B-Day don't have to work. Trippy that there are only 8 people that work there and both me and this guy have the same B-Day. Exactly 7 years apart. I'll be 20 and he'll be 27.

boy I'm proud of my Depo replica JDM foglights. They were 3 days short of working for a full year without a hitch. Sunday I was driving home from work and cause of the crappy conditions, I had the fogs on....... so I thought. Normally when it's really cloudy out, raining, or just dark but not quite dark enough for headlights, I turn the fogs on with the parking lights. Well I notice as I sit behind a black Impala that I can't see the fogs reflection. I get home, they ain't on but the switch is in with the switches light on. I pop the hood and check the wires going from the battery to the fogs. There's a fuse on the way. I open up the little fuse casing and pull out the fuse but boy was it stuck in there. It didn't look blown but the side of the plastic was a little melted and cracking and the prongs looked corroded or something. Ran to O'Reilly's, bought a pack of 15 Amp fuses (different size than the giant load of fuses I have in the glove box), and swapped the fuse in the parking lot. Hit the switch and we're A OK. foggies working just fine.

Now I just can't wait till my dern A'PEXi WSII Muffler gets here.

Well mine are Depo replica's of the JDM OEM Foglights, not the real Raybrig ones (they are too expensive and hard to find). No surprise but still I'm proud they lasted that long without ANY probs other than one of them, *ahem*, fogging up, being cheapo replicas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Exhaust has been on a while now and I love it (SOOOO much quieter while cruising but gives a nice throaty tone when I put my foot in it) but for some reason, I have completely neglected to take pictures of it yet. But I do have some pics from today:

oilchange002.jpg

oilchange003.jpg

First time anyone's seen Midori without a lip in a while. The Carbon Fiber Replica J's Racing lip is about snap in 2 though. So I'm going to order an ABS Plastic Replica Civic Type R lip to replace it and then maybe an ABS plastic Civic Type R Rear lip to go with it. Then eventually when I have money, the lips will be painted to match the car.

Edited by Honda_Boy