Mount My Partition

When you access a disk, you need to mount it first. ...Create mount points in /media for the Windows partitions. It is good to use /media/C for C: and /media/D for D:, etc. to make things easy to remember.

foo@bar:~$ sudo mkdir /media/C /media/D

To make the disks accessible when you boot the computer, you need to add a few lines to /etc/fstab. This file indicates which disks are available. Add the following two lines:

/dev/hda1 /media/C ntfs nls=utf8,umask=0222 0 0

/dev/hda5 /media/D vfat defaults,umask=0000 0 0

The fourth column lets you specify options for mounting the partition, and nls=utf8,umask=0222 means that any user can read the NTFS partition.

To mount the two partitions without restarting, run the following command:

foo@bar:~$ sudo mount -a

The two partitions are now available and will be automatically mounted the next time Ubuntu is restarted.

(Copy/Paste from Ubuntu Handbook)

If you would like a more specific answer, please post output from: sudo fdisk -l

and the file system you would like to use on the 15 gig partition.

Note: Windows can (with a little help) read/write to an EXT3 partition. I think ReiserFS as well.

i would not trust windows with anythign but fat. I have ssen it kill ext2/3 partions in a hartbeat..