Need Help Updating My Dvd/cd Drive

my DVD/CD rom drive stopped working. i thought maybe it was dust on the laser so i tried one of this disks with the brushes on the bottom it didnt work. so now im going to try to update my drivers i went on everest and it said i have a NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A (DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)

i went to there website and they said to uninstall some intel programs(Intel Ultra-ATA Storage Driver

+ Intel Application Accelerator ). i could not find them so i thought maybe thats why its not working i just spent 30 mins on there site trying to find the programs but i dont know what to download. if i have an Intel Lakeport-G i945G chipset then where do i get these files? thank you in advance.

Remove them through Device Manager. The following links will quide you on locating them. I am not sure if they are listed in Add/Remove. If they are uninstall them there also.

Verifying that Intel® Ultra ATA Storage Driver is installed

Verifying that Intel® Application Accelerator is installed

More information about them.

Intel® Ultra ATA Storage Driver

Intel® Application Accelerator

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

Honestly, I've never seen a CD/DVD drive stop working because of firmware of drivers

Those Intel drivers caused compatability issues between burners and Roxio. It's not the first time an Intel driver has caused problems.

i updated it to the lastest version and it still isnt working im guessing its a hardware problem. is there anyting else i can try.

Edited by Wargod18

To check the outside possibility that your 2nd ide channel is bad, you could try and slave your dvd player to the first ide channel, along with your harddrive. For testing purposes, this will let you know with more certainty the problem is your drive.

In all honesty, I doubt you have a bad ide channel but it is easy enough to check.