Well my system started to hang alot a few days ago so I went around trying to figure out what was wrong. Lo and behold in event viewer I had errors. Disk errors and Disk warnings. I immideatly downloaded Maxtor's diagnostic tool and ran a full scan on my harddrive. Its passed. But even now my system continues to randomly hang and also my CPU usuage is always at 100 percent even thouhg there really isnt anything using it it task manager. What is going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Could also be file system corruption and not physical disk problems.

Many times when the CPU runs full like that it's malware like TT states, but the disk errors could be caused by the file system being corrupted...which also could be virally related.

Open the run box and type "chkdsk X: /f /r" without quotes and hit enter (X: = Change "X" to drive letter of OS partition). Your machine will need a restart, will run checkdisk and fix any errors (/f) and recover any readable data from bad sectors (/r) if found.

I already tried that and got no errors. I also ran the Maxtor Disk utility and found no errors. The frequency of the problem is averaging around 2 times a week now. A hijack this log showed nothing. I really cant think of anything. Its not bothering me as much now because I am using my new laptop but if I can fix this it would be great.