The Screensaver Exchange Store

I just use the windows XP standard on both my machines after having an FX 5700 Ultra burn up cause it was always in 3d mode witht the old screen saver I was using. It was AMD's Escape! screensaver. So I quit using 3D screensavers. Except on my 150MHz Pentium MMX laptop. All it has are 3d screen savers so I just use flying objects.

Plus if I had 3D screensavers on my main system, it'd constantly sound like a jet in my room. GeForce 7600GT's have notoriously loud fans and I have 2 of em.

I don't use screensavers either, but I do constantly change my desktop image. I have thousands of images I've converted to my desktop resolution and about 20 different catagories of images. Space - Hubble shots (my fave), Animals - Wild Nature, Landscapes, Cars, Pets, Tech, Microscopic imagery, Microscopic Crystalization....etc.

Some of my favorites are super-microscopic images of some processor chips, they are really colorful and very intricate. Plus many manufacturers have very tiny images implanted into them, like aircraft, playboy bunny head, swords...really cool. Here's a couple of samples of that

post-152-1157678234_thumb.jpgpost-152-1157678256_thumb.jpgpost-152-1157678272_thumb.jpg

I'm like BBob, I let the power saver turn the screen off or punch the button. Why waste all that processor power on something I'm NOT watching?

And like Chappy desktops are open season. Hey my friend, I even have that line drawing you gave me so very long ago of a fireman.. (you did promise to give me a look at more of them...)

Can't help ya with an exchange as I no longer use any screensavers (though I think I have one or two hangin' 'round here somewhere -- oh yeah, that Matrix one -- that is, that Matrix one that ISN'T spyware). I'd probably use one but (here I go again) my systems old and creaky and I'd rather not risk the resource drain, so it powers down the monitor & hard drive. Boring.