My New System

Hey Everyone,

I recently built a new system (this summer), so I figured I would share it with you. Here's the specs:

Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum with nForce4 Ultra Chipset

CPU: AMD X2 Dual Core 3800+

RAM: 4x512MB (2GB) PC3200 DDR400 (Dual Channel)

HDD: 2x 320GB SATA2

Video Card: nVidia 256MB 7600GT PCI-E x16

Sound Card: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

CD/DVD Burner: Lite-On 16x DVD / 48x CD

PSU: OCZ GameXStream 600W

It's really nice! B)

B

you'll love that 7600GT if you got one with Infinion Memory or whatever it is. THe 7 series vcards that had Samsung memory are awful. Too bad you didn't get an SLI board so you can enjoy 2 later down the road like mine. I got 2 of them bad boys chugging in my rig.

Might I ask what brand video card did you get? I always go EVGA. These 2 7600GT's are my 3rd and 4th EVGA cards.

Son's taking this idiot box to school with him tomorrow and I ordered an "el-cheapo Dell Celeron" for me an hour ago. You probably spent the same amount of money building your own! Even though my tech capabilities are merely web surfing and email, I'm jealous! Don't know what most of that stuff is, but big numbers mean big horsepower! You amaze me, Jeff, good work!

Liz

I was also looking at that graphics card Jeff so let me know how it works for you.

The testing sites show that it's a very capable card and very good for the price, is yours SLI capable?

So far, this is what my next system is going to look like..

Case - Thermaltake Shark

MB - Intel D975XBX 1066Mhz FSB

CPU - Intel E6700 Dual core 2.66Ghz X 2, 4MB unified L2 cache

RAM - OCZ Dual Channel 2048MB PC8000 DDR2 1000Mhz

Graphics - Nvidia 7600GT PCI-E

Sound - ? (integrated audio on MB is pretty awesome as it is)

HDD's - ?

PSU - ? (over 550 at least)

Optical's - DVR-CD burner X 2, unknown make yet, and yes...still a floppy drive too.

EDIT - Change in RAM memory specs ;)

Check out the cool cooling fins on the minor chips...

post-152-1156634310_thumb.jpg

Like I said I have SLI 7600GT's and they are working beautifully. I'd wait for 8 series (or whatever they're gonna be) DX10 cards though, or go for the 7900GS when they are released. i think woot.com was selling OEM MSI ones for $139 before the retail ones go on sale. 7900GS is kinda like a buffed up 7800GT on a newer core. Still I think most 7 series cards are a little bit of a waste money right now. Especially the 7950 GX2.

I can't wait for the 8 series cards. I'm trying to keep my main rig fairly up to date from now on. Newest series cards are gonna remain in this machine.

hey I'll gladly sell you one of them. I may use the second in a secondary system later on. Either that or I'll build a new system for a friend and give him it. A single 7600GT should outperform your 6800GS though. New technologies and a faster clock.

You may get lucky though man. I may just sell you both for a decent price.