How's The Weather Over There?

88 degrees at 2:15pm, with humidity feels like 92. Forecast for 30% chance of rain and thunderstorm later.

I hope the 30% is over my lawn, or dust bowl :lol::lol:

Calling for cooler temps later in week, due to hurricane, depending on where it goes. :blink:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its Hurricane time!

Our hotel has borded the front windows, and it just started to rain, and its really windy.

My mom and I still might go out for lunch though. Hopefully my flight tomorrow won't be cancelled. <_<

Well, its Hurricane time!

Our hotel has borded the front windows, and it just started to rain, and its really windy.

My mom and I still might go out for lunch though. Hopefully my flight tomorrow won't be cancelled. <_<

Wow, hell of a time to have to fly. Looks like it'll make landfall well under hurricane status, so hopefully yall's flight will not be cancelled.

Yall stay safe.

It's been hot and dry mainly all summer so far....today was hot (31c/88F), dry and with strong winds. The forecast is to cool a little to about 68F with possible showers on Wed. then warming up Thurs. and then back up to 81F by Sunday.

I'm taking it all in though... :lol: ...you just never know, things can change real fast here. ^_^

Today was 91 heat index 101. It is suppose to rain tonight, believe it when I see it.

All I have gotten so far is a few sprinkles. Suppose to cool down for a few days, which

I'm sure this storm will do when, and if it comes up the coast. ;)

I just checked the national AccuWeather site for the updated tropical storm news and it looks like lots of rain and winds around 60mph for your area Danny. So your drive to airport may be more adventurous than the flight. We have bailed out of Oregon coastal 60 to 70 mph winds in our motorhome, which was iinteresting. And once leaving for home from Ilwaco on Washington Southwest coast with the Columbia River (mouth) with combined high tidal river/ocean waves washing over the Washington road near Astoria bridge. High winds left alot of salt spray on motorhome especially made it hard to see out the windshield. Only one who enjoyed that adventure was our cat sitting on my lap looking out the passenger window. I wonder what she thought was happening? Whatever it was she felt safe in 'her' motorhome on my lap!!!

Some vacations just deliver more than you bargained for... including bad weather!!! :rolleyes:

Stay safe Danny, and enjoy as best you can the new experience and think what a story you will have to tell when you get back home!!! :rolleyes:

We are having roller coaster weather the last few weeks. Several days will be in high 80's low 90's followed by several days of cooler cloudy weather in 60's and 70's to low 80's, then back up to the higher temperatures again. Repeated over and over again. And more of the same on the way. Just had several really hot days, now today we'll be lucky to get to 70, tomorrow we may get some showers which we badly need, then a gradual warm up to coming weekend of low to mid 90's.

Pat

God bless everyone

Edited by thesidekickcat

Thank you everyone :)

We will stay safe. I actually like the colder weather and rain here. It cuts down on all of the heat and humidity.

Stay safe Danny, and enjoy as best you can the new experience and think what a story you will have to tell when you get back home!!!

I will ;)

I'll just exaggerate some points haha

Thanks,

Danny

ooh! yeah that was a "tropical storm" haha....now its a tropical depression.

It looks like my flight won't be cancelled, so thats good.

Everyone borded up their shops and stuff, and all we got was some wind and a bit of rain.

Its worse in Philly right now, so I'm glad I'm here :)

• 2 weeks later...

raining. boy you shoulda seen the storm Saturday. My History Professor said it killed his dog :( . That and 2 of his TV's and his VCR.

We have a bunch of large insulated plastic cabinets we carry food in on caterings at work and they were outside during that storm. They got knocked over and blown 20. Man that storm was rough.