How's The Weather Over There?

Overcast with a high of 93 tomorow. Not bad. Im ready for winter, so we can have a high of 56 :D

I cna't imagine what your "highs" are in winter. :blink:

On the bright side, a minor hurricane/tropical storm would bring much needed rain to the south.

Edited by Bubba Bob
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overcast with a high of 93 tomorow. Not bad. Im ready for winter, so we can have a high of 56 :D

On the bright side, a minor hurricane/tropical storm would bring much needed rain to the south.

We don't have scorching summers up here, but, our winters are not too extreme either. Once in awhile we'll have weather that dips to 14 degrees in the winter months. The good thing is I live on the coast so the ocean makes the temperature less variable. If you drive 1 1/2 hours inland during the winter months the temperature can be -22 degrees.

We don't have scorching summers up here, but, our winters are not too extreme either. Once in awhile we'll have weather that dips to 14 degrees in the winter months. The good thing is I live on the coast so the ocean makes the temperature less variable. If you drive 1 1/2 hours inland during the winter months the tempearture can be -22 degrees.

Wow, is there a waiting list for this area or can I move in immediatly?

We don't have scorching summers up here, but, our winters are not too extreme either. Once in awhile we'll have weather that dips to 14 degrees in the winter months. The good thing is I live on the coast so the ocean makes the temperature less variable. If you drive 1 1/2 hours inland during the winter months the tempearture can be -22 degrees.

Wow, is there a waiting list for this area or can I move in immediatly?

We have cruise ships that dock in our town every Thursday that originate from the USA:-) There are places available; I'll buy you a cold one when you come to town. :D

It's been beautiful here, not too cold, not too hot, highs of 75-80, lows in 50's (that sends me to the sweatsuit in the mornings and evenings, but it's good sleeping weather). We need some rain, though. Hate having to break out the hose for the gardens. The lawn, well, we don't water it, so it's brown and crunchy--it'll pop back in September during our "monsoon season".

I'd say, "come to Michigan", but the only two months like this are June and August! Y'all don't want to live through a 6 month long Michigan winter!

No fans running, no furnace running. Cheap utility bills this month (I HOPE!)

No 10pm sunsets anymore. Boy, at 8:15 the sun sets and at 8:30 it's pitch black out! At least it's not dark at 5pm yet--not looking forward to that.

Liz

In FL on vacation in South Beach, Miami this morning at about 2 am was 86 degrees. Its a bit cooler today because it rained (thankfully).

In Philly, I don't know how much it is. Probably hotter than here and humid :(

The sun is stronger here though.

Danny, you're in Florida?? Ohhhh, that's my favorite place in the US. We used to vacation in Ft. Lauderdale (my Grandparents had a winter house there, it was empty all summer, perfect, except that only the loonies like us who vacationed in Florida in August!) But I LOVED every minute of it. Somehow it didn't feel as hot as up here, probably the humidity difference or the Ocean breeze or the air conditioning in the house, who knows??.

And you're right the sun IS stronger down there. This darkskinned beachbunny got burned down there and learned to use sunscreen (I never use that stuff up here and used to spend hours at the beach). 15 minutes "unprotected" is about it in Florida!

I miss palm trees, I miss the smell of the Ocean air, I miss the bathwater temperature ocean, I even miss the sticky feeling on the skin after swimming in the Ocean (well, kinda), I need to go back to Florida!!

Liz

Hi folks.... it's been a while. :)

like most New England weather everything is subject to change at a moments notice but currently it's in the mid 60s and cloudy ...supposed to be a few days of this then back up into the 80s for a few days....as hot as it has been getting, it still cools off pretty good at night....seems like summer is over when it gets cool at night... the coolness is welcome, summer being over is not....don't even want to think about fall and winter creeping in. :)

In case any of ya' been wondering where I've been....not that computers have lost all their appeal but I seem to find myself doing any of the following more often than sitting here.

1) working

2) spending time with the kid

3) sleeping

4) playing halo2 on xbox live (I'm not that good but good enough to keep me addicted to the damn game :blink: )

Sounds good everyone :)

Liz, I'm in Miami beach and I think I'm the only 14 year old there lol

This was my birthday present, so I'm enjoying it :D

Right now its 85 degrees :)

88 is the high, but its going to feel like 95 :/

Danny

lunchtime 73, cloudy and humid. Had a nasty thunderstorm roll through last night with well over one inch of rain, we really needed the rain. Maybe the grass will green up again, it's been brown for over a month.

83 at 7:20pm, was around 88 earlier with humidy felt like like 91.

Not too bad, as I stayed in AC and watched all the baseball games. :lol:

Robroy, I wish you would send some of that rain this way. Real dry here. :(

It gets real dark like it's going to storm, and nothing happens, gone.

That's what it was doing here today Barb, they forecast tstorms for today again but nothing.

Think Ineed a job as a weatherman. Ypu can be wrong every day and still keep your job :lol::lol:

BTW glad to see you back t0c and bozo, don't be gone so long next time

:thumbsup::thumbsup: