Like Father Like Son

My sons friend says to my 7 year old boy, "go here, it says you can get a free xbox live". My boy says back to him, "its just a trick, it will probably just give you a virus". My neurosis is rubbing off, I am not sure if this is good or bad :-)

heck I taught my parents this stuff quick. My mom even uses firefox (I hid the IE icons and told EVERYONE to use FF) and she don't know anything about computers. In fact, she's the only other one in the house that could navigate Linux. I had FC4 running one day and she waltzed right into my room sat down and found hangman on it and started playing. I walk in and say "HOLY CRAP! You figured out how to open hangman!" I've got everyone in the house trained except Granny. She can't even find the power button. Really, every since she got sick she can't read the caller ID. She's getting better though. Even if she could see straight she still couldn't find it though. :P My mom even has her own little PIII gateway to play Mega Solitaire on. She operates it and changes the backgrounds and screensavers all by herself. I'm so proud. :)

My sons friend says to my 7 year old boy, "go here, it says you can get a free xbox live". My boy says back to him, "its just a trick, it will probably just give you a virus". My neurosis is rubbing off, I am not sure if this is good or bad :-)

Well don't tease us! I want a free Xbox, what was the site? :D

Seriously, seven years old and he's already more computer literate than 90% of the WORLD.

Good for you, too, Hondaboy. Although many Moms DO get shoved into this tech thing kicking and screaming because if the idiot box breaks, the child wails, "mommmmmmm". From another mom, thank you so much for teaching your mom!

Liz