The Perfect Man

The Perfect Girl

A friend asked a gentleman how it is that he never married?

Replied the gentleman, "Well, I guess I just never met the right woman ... I guess I've been looking for the perfect girl."

"Oh, come on now," said the friend, "Surely you have met at least on girl that you wanted to marry."

"Yes, there was one girl .. once. I guess she was the one perfect girl.

The only perfect girl I really ever met. She was just the right everything .. I really mean that she was the perfect girl for me."

"Well, why didn't you marry her," asked the friend.

"She was looking for the perfect man," he said.

... long as we're cryin' in our beer: One woman I thought was "the one" is now married to someone else and has kids. We had gotten to the point where I bought a house, planning on a future with her. Whenever I see her she STILL says, "Don't forget, I still want your house!"

Me? No way, rejected. Dejected. But here it is twenty years later and she wants the house?!?

Yeah, that's on my to-do list, to put her in my will.

(She's joking, but it's kinda dark humor, isn't it?)

... long as we're cryin' in our beer: One woman I thought was "the one" is now married to someone else and has kids. We had gotten to the point where I bought a house, planning on a future with her. Whenever I see her she STILL says, "Don't forget, I still want your house!"

Me? No way, rejected. Dejected. But here it is twenty years later and she wants the house?!?

Yeah, that's on my to-do list, to put her in my will.

(She's joking, but it's kinda dark humor, isn't it?)

How I can relate to that. Instead of buying the house I rented a great three bedroom home in the country with lots of land, bought all new furniture and appliances, bought her a cherry '66 Mustang convertible and worked three jobs to provide a comfortable life. She decided that we would be better off as friends after a year. It may not have hurt so much, but I was informed with a Dear John and congrats you're a father letter and never saw her again or the kid. Maybe I worked too much. :(

... It may not have hurt so much, but I was informed with a Dear John and congrats you're a father letter and never saw her again or the kid. Maybe I worked too much. :(

Jesus, that's cold. :angry:

My could'a-been went back to an old boyfriend that was a loser (unemployed, drugs, mentally abusive). At the time I thought she was s-t-u-p-i-d for going back to the guy but he eventually turned out great, and their kids are great too.

But she's still not getting the house. ^_^

... It may not have hurt so much, but I was informed with a Dear John and congrats you're a father letter and never saw her again or the kid. Maybe I worked too much. :(

Jesus, that's cold. :angry

My could'a-been went back to an old boyfriend that was a loser (unemployed, drugs, mentally abusive). At the time I thought she was s-t-u-p-i-d for going back to the guy but he eventually turned out great, and their kids are great too.

But she's still not getting the house. ^_^

Edited by martymas