Hi all,

I found a couple of 1.44mb diskettes with some old Wordperfect 5.1 files on them that I'd like to convert to MS Word files. However, the WP files are password protected. I know the passwords for the files; but Word doesn't offer a way to enter the passwords.

I no longer have access to Wordperfect so I was wondering if there is another way of opening these password protected WP files in Word or another program?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, not that I'm aware of. You will need WordPerfect to at least open the files and re-save without the password.

If they are not confidential, I would be glad to remove the password and convert for you. Just send me a PM if interested.

Unfortunately, not that I'm aware of. You will need WordPerfect to at least open the files and re-save without the password.

If they are not confidential, I would be glad to remove the password and convert for you. Just send me a PM if interested.

Thanks for your offer. However, I did more digging thru that bunch of old diskettes and I found the WP installation files. I did an install and resaved the files without the passwords. I just finished converting them to Word files. Whew.