i have heard of mozilla and also foxfire but what is the difference with them and lets say yahoo ?

i use the yahoo to have a favorites page and for the game of solitary and popit,,can you get these on either one of those and

does mozilla and foxfire change your home page and if it does ,do you use them like say using google to search and or yahoo to search the web..i guess i'm not too smart but really don't know the difference

younwill gave to type it out plain for me to understand ,

thanks

missy51633

simple..

mozilla the open source project spun off of Netscape. like netscape Mozilla has a built in Address book and Email program. because of this its really big and takes a little longer than IE to start.

Firefox. The web browser part of mozilla... with a little diffrent looks. they striped out the email program and the address book and made it as small as they can. (4megs for winders)

Both are great , if you use some other mail program there is no need for mozilla, use firefox, if you do mail, IM and stuff Mozilla will do it all.

The key point for Winders users is you will seperate your OS from the browser. Right now any exploit in IE is a secuerity threat to your entire OS.. not so with firefox or mozilla.

Plus they both have

tabed browsing-- no more starting a whole process to open mutilple webpages and saves memory.

Native Popup blocker

email program has build in spam protection.

the last big plus is Firefox and mozilla will not allow programs to run from the internet.. SP2 did almost the same for IE , but if you tell it to run a program and not save it it will ask twice in IE and the second time let you run it.. tooooo easy for a hacker to change the pop up to say.. need a plugin-- then click now to run this plug in.. your infected.

Firefox.. will never let you run it.. must save it first.. (then we hope you virus scan )

good luck

FireFox is just a browser. LIke IE6 or Opera or Netscape.

Mozilla is a suite of programs all linked together.....Browser, Email, Newsgroups and so on.

A lot of people like FireFox because IE6 is a microsoft product and gets hacked a lot. I find that Firefox loads quicker, and loads pages quicker and it has built in pop up blockers that really work. You should be able to do anything with it that you do now with your current browser. If you like having a Email program that is integrated with it, then you should look at Mozilla instead. I use Eudora for my Email so I don't need Mozilla.

Or you could try Thunderbird, if you are looking for a seperate E-mail program. Also, put out by the Mozilla people.

Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, support for HTML mail, saved search folders, message grouping, labels, quick search, RSS, smart addressbook, return receipts, advanced message filtering, LDAP address completion, import tools, powerful search, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.

Hi Missy,

I use Mozilla, and love it. I have all my e-mail accounts loaded into it, so all i have to do is open it and it's all there. I like haveing everything all wrapped up into one.

Yes it is bigger than Firefox... but much safer then IE..

You can set the home page to anything you want...

Nice to see you back, it's been a while. :)

I use Thunderbird for my mail do to the fact that my e-mail is web based. I have optimum online...If I write a note that is too long..it times out (15 minute timeout for security reasons they tell me) so if the note is long, I have to cut it, sign out, sign back in, start a new note and paste the note I started in the first place. The other thing that aggravated me was stupid, but there was no print option and they have no plans on adding one...(Of course CTRL -P works) but it's just the point. As far as the firefox browser...only one I use unless I can't open a page in it and am forced to go to IE...Firefox automatically transfers (or saves) your IE bookmarks which is awesome too....Good luck!!

PS. Missy...read about the problems you are having..hope everyone is doing better..

:D

As someone who has used both, I suggest Firefox. So far the only thing I found better in Mozilla that can not be accomplished in Firefox is the amount of preferences in Mozilla. I don't even think the ones Mozilla has are even that important. It also took some used to for using Alt+enter for new tabs instead of ctrl+enter