Game Server Hosting

Me and my brother have recently started a clan on OGL (Online Gaming League) and we need a server to play matches on, the problem is we dont have any money and no jobs cause were in a small town with no places hiring. If anyone could be kind enough as to get us a Counter-Strike: Source 10man private server for a couple months It would be Greatly appreciated! they run about 10-15 bucks a month Please e-mail me if you could help me out: [email protected] Thankyou!

P.S. a good service/price server company is clanservers.com

Here's an idea. Who frickin cares if anyone is hiring. put in a application anyway. I'm sure you have a McDonald's. They hire anyone anytime. Also, just play on other servers. I play on HardMud.com servers all the time. There are just about always the same clans in there. HMA, XO, Ps, and a few others.

Don't be too lazy to get a job.

Edited by Honda_Boy

JDoors, so, me working at less than minimum wage in a high skilled enviroment (research institute) should fork out $20 a month for somebody just because they signed up to BT?

Maybe the Riaa should give everybody a $1 who pirates music.

Pierce

If his clan can't afford to practice on a private server then they need to play on public servers together. You get better experience that way. I sucked until I started playing on the HardMud.com servers all the time. There are usually good players there all the time. Including 40's or 50's ranked out of over 500 me.

Just host it on your computer.

If you have a decent connection and don't run too much background programs while scrimming, you'll have a decent server to scrim on. Of course you'll have lag spikes and register wont be that great, but hey its free and easy to setup.

Edited by Martint
If his clan can't afford to practice on a private server then they need to play on public servers together. You get better experience that way. I sucked until I started playing on the HardMud.com servers all the time. There are usually good players there all the time. Including 40's or 50's ranked out of over 500 me.

QQ 36 ( -_^) Gray Fox [sPv] QQ! lol

Honda Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not that creative with my names. Ranked 45 I am.

oh yeah the QQ's and spv's live IEatHradDrives are on there all the time too.

Edited by Honda_Boy

If I had that 4MegaBit package my ISP offers, I'd setup my Compaq to Run a CS:S server for my friends to and anyone else to play on. Heck I may even try to get new motherboard to put my Athlon XP 3000+ in and make a server out of it.

Can ya "Spare a DIME My Friend" so an old homeless guy can get a cup of Coffee???..

Reminds me of a time my sister and I were in the park and thought it might be getting late. We asked a passer-by "Excuse me, do you have the time?" He started screaming at us for panhandling.

Damn I'm an "old" man with a limited income and I always find ways to make a few spare bucks. It comes about by being creative and getting off one's lazy ass. When I was a kid in the '60s I made at least $25-$45 a week just doing lawns and a paper route. Back then that was good money.

M-a-y-b-e my sarcasm didn't translate well ...

And m-a-y-b-e my hint as to what he should do about not having money didn't translate well ...

;)

Hey JDoors,

Let us keep it friendly here at Besttechie.net. :D

I didn't think you need servers to play solitaire....but then I could be wrong.

Can ya "Spare a DIME My Friend" so an old homeless guy can get a cup of Coffee???..

sorry keith. I only have 2 nickels. my wife carries all the money.